Topic Suscription Reply Notification

well...ever since drew uploaded (or whatever) the newest version of the board i've been getting a million emails about "topic suscription reply notification." it seems when somebody replys to a thread that i have posted on i get a email about it. can i make it to where i don't get emails like this? if so, how? am i gonna have to put in an old email to get this to stop?

yup, just realized i was having this problem too

go to my controls

edit email settings (or something like that, it's towards the bottom)

then click on the box that says enable email notification by default so the check goes away and submit.

lol...yeah. but i just did that like 30 min ago and i'm still getting these damn messages. :(

alright, checked and i'm still getting them too... gonna have to wait for drew to fix it i guess

Sorry I had to turn that option on for all the new members. It's the only way we can bring back new members so they don't visit one time and then forget about us. huh

First, follow the instructions Ashley gave above about turning the Auto Tracking off.

Second, go into your Topic Tracker (It's a "View Topics" link on the left in the "My Controls" section) and unsubscribe from any that you are currently subscribed to.

You should only receive 1 email per topic per day for the ones that you are subscribed to, if they have been replied to that day. Those of you who post whore every day can turn that option off. The newbies and shy members, it's a good thing to have, to remind them to come back and visit us. You should see over the next month the active users rise, because of it. (hopefully).

The same 6 people posting in every topic gets a little old, doesn't it? :p

btw, if you do want to track a specific topic, so that you know when somebody replies, click the Track Topic link at the bottom/top when viewing the topic. You can even subscribe to an entire forum and you will be notified whenever there is a new Topic posted in that forum. This can be helpful for those inactive forums.

i had to unsubscribe to everything...i'm not sure if i'm still getting them or not. let me check...nope, i'm not getting any. just unsubscribe from everything ashley.

1) click my controls

2) under suscriptions on the right, hit "view topics"

3) unsubscribe from everything, or just the ones you want, by clicking the box and hitting the unsubscribe button on the bottom of the page

:)

i had to unsubscribe to everything...i'm not sure if i'm still getting them or not. let me check...nope, i'm not getting any. just unsubscribe from everything ashley.

1) click my controls

2) under suscriptions on the right, hit "view topics"

3) unsubscribe from everything, or just the ones you want, by clicking the box and hitting the unsubscribe button on the bottom of the page

:)

did that already, ahh well

Archived