turboin the 97 lude

p_diesel

Yeah, I own a 1997 lude myself and did a lot of looking. Try typing this in ebay - VECCO Turbo Kit HONDA PRELUDE H22 VTEC and SH - this is a great turbo kit and it is cheap. it comes with everything you need except any of the fuel upgrades like high flow fuel pump, injectors, management, rail, regulator, etc. I have posted this turbo kit on this forum before and everyone said it was fine minus the fuel upgrades you'll need. I have decided to stay N/A because so much is involved in turboing a prelude, such as fuel upgrades, clutch and flywheel, ignition, lowering the compresion, and if you decide to turbo i recomend getting a hondata s200 or s300 to piggy back your ecu to help manage all of the upgrades. and one major thing when you get the hondata is with preludes you need to get a new ecu and convert the stock obd 2 to obd 1. this is why i have decided to stay N/A. I would rather put $3000 into everything not just one thing. But dude it's totally up to you. just giving you ideas and helping you out.

If you do an NA build.. a real build, not just I/H/E wussy sheeoot, then you will have just as many problems..

People only have problems with turbo builds because they don't do it right or cut corners. That or push it too hard. People who run 8psi with the proper kit and build won't have any problems.

i dissagree...

a NA car will not have nearly as many problems as the noobs who put there gay ebay turbos on. or even a decently setup one. as u know NA cars are the parts that i already have on there, just better...

BETTER being the keyword here.

Well yeah, you'll always have the people looking for a cheap kit (BTW-- does anyone actually have a review on how bad these things are? I heard they just spent a lot of money increasing the overall quality or something) but for the majority who do it right, it's relatively trouble free.

Not necessarily. The parts may be better, but not designed for the car. When people start grinding things.. like knife-edging the crankshaft and all of that dumb sh*t you still run into problems.

When making ANY modifications to a stock vehicle of ANY kind, especially Turbos or SCs TUNING is the key. A turbo will work just fine on a stock engine @ 8psi with a good amount of time spent on the dyno with a good tuner. The thing is , you want to avoid detonation. That is why turbos get a bad rap. People just think you can bolt one on and turn up the boost like the volume on their radio and BOOM....it's all over.

NA setups will be no more reliable than a turbo. You will in most cases suffer from things like crappy idle that will shake like crazy because you dropped in a radical cam, etc. You will need a stand alone ECU for a NA set up as well as the stock computer will not be able to handle the compression change, etc.

Anyone who skimps or cuts corners will have problems, turbo or NA I don't care haw you slice it.

i dissagree...

a NA car will not have nearly as many problems as the noobs who put there gay ebay turbos on. or even a decently setup one. as u know NA cars are the parts that i already have on there, just better...

BETTER being the keyword here.

So how much power do you plan on getting with these "better" NA parts?

When making ANY modifications to a stock vehicle of ANY kind, especially Turbos or SCs TUNING is the key. A turbo will work just fine on a stock engine @ 8psi with a good amount of time spent on the dyno with a good tuner. The thing is , you want to avoid detonation. That is why turbos get a bad rap. People just think you can bolt one on and turn up the boost like the volume on their radio and BOOM....it's all over.

NA setups will be no more reliable than a turbo. You will in most cases suffer from things like crappy idle that will shake like crazy because you dropped in a radical cam, etc. You will need a stand alone ECU for a NA set up as well as the stock computer will not be able to handle the compression change, etc.

Anyone who skimps or cuts corners will have problems, turbo or NA I don't care haw you slice it.

+1, nice lude btw

Talk about a post whore^^^

And who are you? Dude, don't even start with me. I was going to try to be nicer to noobs but when douches like you try and call me out, is when you get slammed.

1) You don't know me, or anything about this board.

2)STFU.

And who are you? Dude, don't even start with me. I was going to try to be nicer to noobs but when douches like you try and call me out, is when you get slammed.

1) You don't know me, or anything about this board.

2)STFU.

Anyway, YOU were the one who started the whole thing. You think I give a ish about who you are?

Get over yourself because nobody was trying to call you out....I don't even know why I'm even replying to this crap. Maybe I should STFU and never post on this site again. So much for finding a good place to get info. Everybody is always acting like they own the site or getting too serious. I'm outta here!

Archived