Need Inspiration..

BIGWEEZIN

Hey, I'm only 15, but I used to have a big craving for a Del Sol. This craving has kind of lost its spark of life. I need you guys to help me get back into them. So, please give me your words of encouragement for the Del Sol. The reason I don't really like them is they only seat two people, and I'd be wanting to take more people around than that.

Wes

:( :( :(

ssr: another modifiers person? (second thread in a row...whats up with that?)

if you want to carry about more than one person, get a civic or an integra. otherwise, just carry aroung your girl and have your friends take their own car. get two way radios like i did....you can talk to your friends while driving down the road, and its totally free. minus the cost of the radios of course.

hey imma crx del sol fan too, i like any 2 seater cars such as honda:: S2000,CRX,NSX DelSol.etc anyways del sols look nice if you were a girl driving it, not manys guys dig it tho..

welcome to the board kid :p hope you learn alot from us..:ninja:

Don't know.

bigweezer...

What are your view on the following?

• chrome wheels on a Civic
  • euro tailights
  • am aluminum wing on a stock FWD car

Also, what is the best thing you have done to your modifier?

I own a Sol. Wanted one when they came out in Japan in 92. Got mine 3 years later, and mind you by then I was almost going to get either an Accord coupe, Prelude, Integra, Celica, or 240SX. But, I stuck with the Sol since something about it being different. NOT a CIVIC or the limited choices of imports out there at the time. I'm quite happy with it and everyday glad that I own one. You will find that the Sol has a huge following of knowlegable people who are willing to help you out whenever you need it. They are quite committed to the Sol and in fact if they sold it, they would end up buying another one. In Japan, there are hefty taxes if you keep your car beyond a certain period, but Sol owners, after being discontinued in 1997, show up in droves at National meets. Nothing beats driving around with the option to have the top down in a pretty unique Honda. If anything the Sol has one of the best handling characteristics out there. It took 1st in the inagural season of the US touring car. The Killer Bee Sol, although under powered, out cornered the rest of the competion. Taking first all the time and concluding with a Championship under it's belt. It was later banned from Touring Car since there was no way the other cars could keep up, even after penalties were slapped on the Sol.

Anyhow, just wanted to say I'm quite happy that I bought my car when I got the chance and do not regret having it at all. My passion for it was waning when car shopping, but once I got the keys and drove it home, I knew I made the right choice for me.

Archived