Compatible head w/ D15 non Vtec?

JungGuo

I'm still learning a lot about honda's and such seems how I just got my honda a few weeks ago, but I'm currious to find out if there is a compatible head for a D15 SOHC non Vtec that would be a bolt on application w/ out having to swap the entire wiring harness?

Also how easy a GSR or LS/Vtec swap would be, and if its reccomended to go that route, or should I go with a B16 Si motor swap? Or if its possible just make my D15 into Vtec and go from there?

Oh and one more thing.... can I turn my SOHC into a DOHC by doing a head swap or is there more to it?

Lots of questions here.

1. SOHC is SOHC, can't be DOHC, so no.

2. GSR or LS VTEC swaps are great, but in order to do the LSVTEC right, you will need some more knowledge as a whole.

3. B16 swaps aren't all that if you ask me. You can put a D16z6 head on your car, port it, get a cam, and basic bolt ons and kill a B16 civic and beat the GSR.

The D15B7 head is the same as the D16A6 head. Arguably the best flowing D series head available.

Just get some headwork on it, rods/pistons, and a turbo kit.

You can check my website out for an idea on prices.

No... my friend has a GSR w/ a poor mans type R and he's pushing 383 to the ground. N/A. I refuse to use crane cams... because this teg snapped one of the cams in 2 places.

his motor is built to hell and back....

these are some of his basic specs on the motor....

Car: 2001 Integra GSR

Owner: Alex S.

Mods:

Eagle Stroker Kit

TWM Individual Throttle Bodies

AEM EMS

DC Sports 4-1 Header

ATS Final Drive and 1st Gear

STR Cam Gears

16" BBS Wheels

^^ that list is about 6 months old. But up at bandimere he was runnin low 12's.

Like I said, thats old specs. And you guys are thinking he'd break those numbers at 5,800'?

Anyways...... with my head, you guys think port and polish? I have a "cold" air intake on it right now. What should be my next move? Aside from exhaust.. I'm getting a full 3" catback on today.

well technically its still a 1.8 with bigger displacement. thats pretty good SS you gotta admit 240 with just those mods and no boost. not bad imo.

Archived