Cruise control not working

CleanGSR

On my way to work this morning I got on the interstate, got up to speed, hit "set" for my cruise control and it didn't work. My car has a main cruise control button and then the seperate button to set it. The main button light is on and the fuse is not blown. Usually when I hit set a light in my dash (by the gauges) kicks on, but that light doesn't turn on either. Any suggestions on where to look first?

Check if any of your fuses are shot in your fuse panel in the car and outside, that would be my first step, did this just recently happen?

Yeah, it was fine last night on my way home. This morning when I got on the highway is the first time it happened. I already checked the fuse under the dash for the cruise control. Is there another fuse for it somewhere else?

might be the unit itself hung but ive never seen one go my man. wierd poser for sure. i hope its just somin simple man.

Yeah, I guess I'm going to pull apart the controls on the steering wheel and trace the wires back from there to see if I can find anything. The unit itself kicks on with the button, it just won't activate when I hit set. Hopefully it's just a loose wire or something. I looked at the wiring on the manual I downloaded and it's pretty confusing but I think I have some ideas on where to check first.

Problem fixed. Ready for this one? I had a blown fuse for horn/taillamps that was causing my cruise not to work. I forgot to tape off the wires from the third brake light when taking off the wing and it popped that fuse under the hood. Replaced the fuse this morning and cruise works again. I never would have thought to check that fuse if it hadn't been for cranny. I took cranny's advice a few weeks ago and downloaded the 1700 page manual for my car and it had a diagram of the cruise control wiring showing it running through that line.

Haha I was just about to tell you to check under your hood and check those fuses lol, damn you cranny, beat me to it lol. Good news tho Hung!

Yeah, that's just wierd that part of the cruise control run's through that fuse. The scary part is, my brake lights haven't been working for the past 2 days and I didn't even know it. Glad I didn't get rearended.

id be more glad i didnt get a ticket as well , haha.

Tickets are never a problem with me (within reason). I work for all the circuit/state judges in the four counties around my area, and I'm friends with the prosecutors in the towns I live in. A ticket for a simple mistake, wouldn't be a problem with me. Plus cops around here aren't that bad and would probably just give a warning since I was unaware.

lucky bitch , hehe. catwalks if you actually have to ask that man where to get a manual when he posted a link at the first post to all them , cmon man , lol.

Yeah, that's just wierd that part of the cruise control run's through that fuse. The scary part is, my brake lights haven't been working for the past 2 days and I didn't even know it. Glad I didn't get rearended.

Not really. The brake system runs through the cruise control so it disengages when you tap the brakes. Had I seen this topic sooner I would've recommended checking your brakelight fuses.

Archived