Suspension height differences

Hey, I was noticing over time that my suspension doesnt seem to be even. Im damn sure my driveway isnt that off-level and i've noticied it in other places, especially when i wash my car. The gap in the back between the tire and the body is significantly shorter on one side of the car than the other, but I dont really notice much when I drive. My suspension isnt adjustable, and in hindsight (2years ago) I probably shouldn't have gotten it.

maybe its time for some new springs. didnt you used to be a reg here back in the day?

Like 2 years ago yeah. New springs hmm, could be, Im really actually kinda worried about the springs in there now. Its a coilover set, but when I lift up the car the springs are loose until I set it down again. The other problem is that I got these from a semi-local shop as "Spoon Sports Suspension" Im fairly certain they are genuine, but I honestly doubt there is a way to tell, or to find out what model they are to get new springs. I'm thinking of just saving up and getting a new set, I have had these for about 50-60k miles, some easy, some hard driving. I also don't have the tools to install anything by myself, last time I rented a manual spring compressor, I got the spring compressed, but I couldnt get the upper cap off (I have new springs and shocks for an 89 CRX HF but they arent assembled, so Id have to cannibalize the top part of the stock suspension. If anyone wants em btw, lemme know, I sold the car a while back.). I figure, if its going to be apart anyways, I may as well go with something I know I can trust and start over, basically. Im doing my suspension first, then im moving on to my motor later, itll hold out (125k on a honda civic, no big deal).

I have no idea if its related, but I've kinda come to believe over time that this difference may have been accident related. I got turned into like, 2 years ago, I think I had mentioned it here at the time, and I was told there was only body damage since the speed was so low, but since then im sure its been different, and I do hear creaky noises when I drive sometimes, so springs actually makes a lot of sense now.

To get the plate off of the top, you can take it somewhere that has impact wrench, and it will come right off.

I honestly think my best bet is to buy some coilovers if I can find them, its just easier.

On a side note, Im riding at (at least thats what the specs said when i bought them) 1.8in low in front and 2.2 in back. Now to me this looks perfect height, not high, but it isnt slammed either. Im looking for a good performance height, I dont give a crap about removing my bumnper on speedbumps.

Archived