Why was production ended?

Dragongyrl18

The car sales were actually way down, the Lude also really had no functionallity in the lineup Honda had.

The S2k became the new sports car of the lineup and the new Accords were becoming faster and more improved than the Prelude.

Either Honda would have had to detune the new Accord so it wasn't as fast or faster than the Prelude or make the S2k faster and improve the Preludes numbers to become more of a contender.

Honda didn't see either of those options worth doing, seeing as how bad the sales were for the car anyway. Hence the dropping of the Lude from the lineup.

I heard it was competition between the Prelude and Integra which catered to the same market: 2-door sport coupes. Just one to many in Honda's line-up. And one to many in a crowded segment. And since the Prelude sales were down, it was time for the Prelude to go.

So if you take everyone's input on this situation you get: Honda's lineup was too big so it got rid of the Prelude since sales were down.

ok i got da answer to this. i jsut got off the phone with one of my contacts and the main honda branch on tokyo japan. he said that honda was just pulling it out for a few years while they change the whole body style and make it faster and better looking. also they were thinkin about pulling the prelude before but they wanted to see what happened and then low sales made up their minds

I beleve it to be that the dealerships(honda ) sold them for too much and people couldnt afford them? And tof be techincal it also might be a way of supply and demand? i almost got one but didnt get apprroved fpr one i got me aprroved for a brand spany new civic

i actually like preludes! i think they're pretty quick cars, if you ask me! for some reason, mostly girls (asians) drive preludes around here. actually its preludes and the accord coupes...whats up with that (asian)girls?? are there even ANY asian girls here?

ive never been to san jo but ive been to santa ana/westminster area...phuoc loc tho mall. when i went (3-4 years ago), i saw a lot of asian boys with dragon ballz hair. you know? blond and wild looking? whats up with that? i thought vietnamese parents know how to raise their kids :laugh:

ive never been to san jo but ive been to santa ana/westminster area...phuoc loc tho mall.  when i went (3-4 years ago), i saw a lot of asian boys with dragon ballz hair.  you know? blond and wild looking?  whats up with that?  i thought vietnamese parents know how to raise their kids  :laugh:

i dont have dragonballz hair style, i only have spiky-highlights and clean fade, its either that or you got the fobish~~ long hair nerd look with shirts tucked in your underwear and you cant have a girlfriend till your 25 or out of the house, also you have to keep your old ass accord till you have a good paying computer job bleh bleh

sorry bout the off-topic crap..

Hehe. My sister is a Prelude chick. In fact two of her friends drove Preludes too. IMO, they are pretty decent Hondas. Don't know why they never really took off...

As for the DragonBall thing...yah I have no clue what happened there. I bet it was them damn asian-ravers. I believe that's where it came out of, cause that's where they all congregated 3-4 years ago.

i dont have dragonballz hair style, i only have spiky-highlights and clean fade, its either that or you got the fobish~~ long hair nerd look with shirts tucked in your underwear  and you cant have a girlfriend till your 25 or out of the house, also you have to keep your old ass accord till you have a good paying computer job bleh  bleh

sorry bout the off-topic crap..

im 24 and still live with my parents, i have long hair, i tuck in my shirt, and i do not have a gf. :crazy:

Or he could just hang out with me, you know since I am the ladies man and all.......

Well maybe not cause of the WRX, they are always like "cool mom car" and I'm like "Shut up bitch!" Then I'm like" You wanna make out now or something." and she's like "sure"

Yeah, I'm the man. :laugh:

nah dev, you know thats not what happens.

"nice car guy" and your like "really, ya think so?" and she's like "yeah, how bigs the back seat?" and your like "i dunno...never been back there." and she's like "so you wanna find out?" and your like "nah, i only ride in the drivers seat." and she walks away after calling you a little man.:ninja: jp

nah dev, you know thats not what happens.

"nice car guy" and your like "really, ya think so?" and she's like "yeah, how bigs the back seat?" and your like "i dunno...never been back there." and she's like "so you wanna find out?" and your like "nah, i only ride in the drivers seat." and she walks away after calling you a little man.:ninja: jp

That scenario would never happen with my car... :(

Archived