Time on Accord 01

Don Pisto

I have an 01 accord EX and i took out the clock to get to the screw so i can take out my headunit. I was driving at night and I realize the time is not lit up when my lights are on. Is that normal, because I thought I remember that it lights up at night. Anyone with a 98-02 accord have their time showing when its nighttime?

well, the led lights on the clock is already lit up, when you turn on the headlights, the led clock becomes less visible, less brighter, and dimmers

Yeah i think it was lit up before because i find it strange that i have to wait for light to look at the time. crap, i dont know what I did. I mean the time still works. What exactly would i check? All i did was take it out, unscrew the screw that was holding the top piece of what was holding in the stereo, and unscrewed the bottom two pieces and pulled it out. I was having a hard time getting it in a few times but then i got it to fit. Is there a specific wire that hooks up to it? I see two which have several strands of wires hooked onto a connector, one is for the emergency light (which lights up) and the other is connected to the clock, and the time shows up. I mean its not like imma kill myself over it but its just a pain in the ass using my cell to check the time or flashin some light just to check the time.

Your led is burnt. picking up a new one at the dealership cost about 6 bucks...it's a screw on screw off type bulb located in the back of the time piece. trust me, it happened to me.

Oh ok....I'll check that out once I get to my car. Thanks so much.

Archived