B 16 head, IS IT GOOD?

just call the dealer on the phone dew , and give them the number thats next to the engine code(B18B1). theyl prolly be able to tell you , or point you i right direction.

I don't really no much about this stuff but I have been looking into the b16's lately since I am about to do an engine swap and the B16A SIR I (JDM) is OBD0 SIR II (which I think is USDM) is ODB1. I guess this could be wrong but I did read it someplace on the internet haha.

so really if it is an 88-91 b16 then it is obd 0 from my understanding. 92-95 is obd 1 and I guess 96-2000 is obd 2

yeah, i know that, but the problem is is that they're all b16a, so the only way to tell the difference, is well i dunno.

hmm maybe you are right I do recall reading somewhere that B16A with no number is jdm so maybe all jdm's are b16A haha. but I just remembered that the distributors are different between the different obd's so maybe if you can fnd pictures of the plugs you would be able to tell. but once again I got this info from browsing through forums haha.

OH lol I juuuust remembered I think you can tell from reading the valve cover and seeing which words are bigger. I think on obd0 the word "DOHC" is bigger than the "Vtec" or something like that. I think I read that somewhere on hondaforums or hondaswap or something. but I think that will only eliminate obd0 because obd1 and obd2 both have the same valve covers here is what I got from the thread

How to tell the difference between an SiR and an A2/A3/SiR II

* SiR uses a cable tranny- 5th gens are hydraulic

* SiR has a lower compression ratio, 10.2:1 and makes 160ps

* A2/A3/SiR II have a higher compression ratio at 10.4:1 and make 160hp (A2/A3) or 170ps (SiR II)

* A2/A3/SiR II motors have a better cam profile

* A2/A3/SiR II have better oiling functions, keeping things better lubricated

* SiR has cast aluminum oil spray bars while the A2/A3/SiR II are made of extruded aluminum.

* A2/A3/SiR II have a single- 4-wire O2 sensor instead of 2-single wire O2 sensors

* A2/A3/SiR II MAP sensor is an integral part of the throttle body, not an external one with a tube.

* A2/A3/SiR II harnesses are grey. SiR has cream colored ones.

* SiR is PGM-F1, clearly labeled on the intake manifold, andA2/A3/SiR II are MPFI

* SiR valve covers have "DOHC" written in a larger font size than "VTEC"

* A2/A3/SiR II valve covers have "VTEC" written in a larger font size than "DOHC"

there ya go problem solved!(I think)

http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000se...page&item=30021 (89-91 DOHC is bigger)

http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000se...page&item=30022 (92-95 VTEC is bigger)

Archived