rim question

Hatch92

i'm lookin at a set of rims to mount slicks onto for my civic. i found a set of 15" rims 10" wide and a set of 15" rims 8" wide. i don't need the car to turn just go in a straight line. so should i get the 10" wide or 8" wide?

One thing to consider, the more rubber on the road, the more drag also. You need to determin what will get you the traction you need but not cause extra friction because that can slow you down. Sounds like a lot of mumbo jumbo but it is true.

let the psi right down on the slicks to, make sure you gauge them, and as you see on pinks they use a garden hose and wet down then spin, this is entirly wrong, clorox then spin your tires on that, it will soften them up majorly, and remember let the psi down almost as low as possible, pm me if you need some other info

let the psi right down on the slicks to, make sure you gauge them, and as you see on pinks they use a garden hose and wet down then spin, this is entirly wrong, clorox then spin your tires on that, it will soften them up majorly, and remember let the psi down almost as low as possible, pm me if you need some other info

Be careful with the bleach, most dragstrips don't allow bleach in the "bleach box" . The dragstrips only allow water. You can thank DEQ and EPA for that.

the problem is i can't run anything smaller than a 14" rim bcuz i have the EX/SI front discs brakes.

I think 97accordjdm was refering to width. Thats why SSR was talking about offset. Only attempting to clarify, not step on anyones toes.

Archived