mugen front bumper

skateelements16

ok when i see the pics of the mugen front end it looks like it has the normal spots where the lil circle lights go but it also had spots for 2 lights neer where the intercooler would go. then ive seen a car that had the same bumper but it didnt have the normal spot for the stock circle light and it looked clean. Would you have to bondo those spots or do they make one like that already.

http://www.gofastperformance.com/images/Ho...delsol/M209.jpg

yea i know... i love it but see look at this pic... it doesnt have the holes for the stock jdm fog lights and i like the way it looks better..... i was wanting to know if they sell it like this or do you have to bondo the stock holes or something

http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/show...833_10_full.jpg

Yeah i got nothing on that second picture either...And yes the Mugen front bumper is clean as hell!!!

Just make sure that if you do get the Mugen front bumper its not a Mugen Style because the mugen,even though it costs more, it fits better and it has better aerodynamics...

well i figured out my delems.... cause the 96-97 sols or w/e didnt have those stock fog lights or w/e so when you het a mugan bumber then they arnt there.... i think what im going to do it get one for my 94 sol and bondo in or do something with the stock foglights so that they arn there.

http://www.sakuraindustry.com/osc/images/b...HD93_MGS_FB.jpg

now the car in that pic is stupid as crap but look how there are no stock foglights..... i like it better that way.

well i figured out my delems.... cause the 96-97 sols or w/e didnt have those stock fog lights or w/e so when you het a mugan bumber then they arnt there.... i think what im going to do it get one for my 94 sol and bondo in or do something with the stock foglights so that they arn there.

http://www.sakuraindustry.com/osc/images/b...HD93_MGS_FB.jpg

now the car in that pic is stupid as crap but look how there are no stock foglights..... i like it better that way.

you should just not get a mugen bumper leave your stock one, however you do know that if you bondo the fog lights on a 93-95 del sol that its going to look funny because the 96-97 bumpers are slightly longer which makes the absence of the foglights look better cuz its not such a drastic angle on the bumper, see look.

mysol.jpg

this is a guys sol that i know...

gewa.jpg

get a 97 bumper - they look badass IMO. i will say that i was into body kits when i first got my sol, and that the only reason that i dont have one now is because my tastes have matured and they dont make body kits for sols that dont have the fog lights, also, you figure that you can spend up to 2 grand on a good body kit with paint etc, and thats 2 grand you can spend on an engine or a turbo or something that offers more performance.

Body kits don't add performance? What about wings? Even the big ones made of aluminum? No? Not even them?

That's a good comparison, sonny, between the red and green sols. You can see the difference clearly in the way the bumper curves right under the headlight. The red one (97) comes more to a point, while the green one (before 96) is still more rounded. Personally, I like the auxilliary lights, though, so it's all academic to me.

And, I thought those blue headlights looked cool. Guess I'm a ricer. Never put them on my car, but it's a good look for someone else I think.

Mugen bumper or Mugen style...either way you are going to need to remove the crash bar/reinforcement bar/safety bar...whatever you want to call the bar that sits behind the bumper.

Also, the 96-97 stock bumper makes the Sol a tad bit longer! ;)

I was just going to say what buddysol did. dont replace your front bumper, the mugen one requires removal of the reinforcement bar in front, so if you run into something or get hit you're fracked. dont do it.

Body kits don't add performance? What about wings? Even the big ones made of aluminum? No? Not even them?

That's a good comparison, sonny, between the red and green sols. You can see the difference clearly in the way the bumper curves right under the headlight. The red one (97) comes more to a point, while the green one (before 96) is still more rounded. Personally, I like the auxilliary lights, though, so it's all academic to me.

And, I thought those blue headlights looked cool. Guess I'm a ricer. Never put them on my car, but it's a good look for someone else I think.

ok well i dont think i ever asked if body kits gave any hp.... dont know where that came from. Also really it doesnt look all ricy n crap... it actually reminds me of something that could have been offered on a top model del sol... the mugan bumper just looks right to me.... and no it doesnt add hp.

Mugen bumper or Mugen style...either way you are going to need to remove the crash bar/reinforcement bar/safety bar...whatever you want to call the bar that sits behind the bumper.

Also, the 96-97 stock bumper makes the Sol a tad bit longer! ;)

is there a reason y.... and also is it hard to do that..... and could i fit a stock 96-97 bumper on my 94 sol and get like a mugen lip?

I was not making fun of you, man, I was making fun of ricers in general.

I like that Mugen front bumper. I don't like having to remove the reinforment bumper. That's risky, especially for such a small/light car. Apparently there's just not room for it in the back, so you either have to take out the bar or cut way into the bumper.

I'm pretty sure a stock bumper from a 96-7 sol would fit without mod/fab work, but don't quote me. I've heard they just go right over the fogs and no one is the wiser. Lips are also the way to go, if you ask me.

I thought you had a 96-7 sol though? Or is that not yours in the avatar? It doesn't have auxilliary lights...

the bumpers should be interchangeable, minus the aux. lights. if they have mounting hardware it needs to be removed, other than that it should bolt right up. Personally I like the 96-97 style front better.

Archived