good or bad turbo 2

VtecLude22-Sol18

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't I know it. The way I figure it, that sol is gonna be my project for a lot of years. Maybe by the time I graduate (three years from now) it'll be the sol of my dreams.

That's weird, man. Aren't you too young to know about cars or something? Or at least know this much abou cars? I was just starting to look into all this when I was graduating high-school.

On a side note, you have tons of free time in college, so commute from some place where you'll have a garage to wrench in. I pull a 3.6-3.7 average and still have loads of time to do whatever. Of course, I ain't got no job right now. When I was working 23-32 hrs a week I had very little free time.

Oh, I know people start young with this, I just didn't get to. I kinda wish I had one of those dads that taught his son how to do everything to a car from a young age. Alas -- my dad always regarded working on cars as a necessary evil, so never bothered to teach me anything. I had to learn from my job and from people like you guys.

Don't get me wrong, my dad's cool. Just not with working on cars.

Attaus - if you have been doing this since you were 13, you are a little behind on info.

John - Totally agree. My dad does it when he has to, but not like me for the hell of it.

Well, when I was young I only cared about general car knowledge, like models, what they had, etc.

Only recently I've been going over more technical stuff (over the last year or so) so I'm really cramming it in. I get a little cocky sometimes and think I know more than I do (like in the turbo thread).. so.. excuse that part of my personality.. lol.

Attaus, I was like that too. I think I started learning the tech stuff like six months ago.

We're all on the same side here, so as long as people remember to not immediately try and prove someone wrong without all the facts, things can go pretty well.

Archived