Project Car?

UNC5981

hey guys im tryin to figure out a project car to do and i havent really found anything good, ive looked at 1994 eclipse gsx, crx's,and so on but their either crap or just horribly ugly, please help, im drowing like an idiot in a pool of knowledge!

i would getta 89 Chevolet Blazer S10 :laugh: , Subaru Imprezza WRX Sti, Nissan Skyline GTR-34, Honda CRX Si-R, Mazda RX-7 TT, Toyota Supra TT, Mitsubishi Lancer EVO 7, Toyota MR2 Turbo,their my favorite project cars... too bad i dont got the money..

i found an amazinlgly clean 1991 CRX si 5-spd for like 500 : D, i got da connections. so i think im gonna be goin with that and later puttin in a ZC, but is there a decent turbo kit for the stock CRX , and what are the usual good mods for it.

- and thx for all the replies - Jon

i don't think he's got the money for a skyline guys...

i'd say go for a 92-95 hatch or coupe, whichever you like best as far as looks. have fun!

hatch > coupe

the one i found is a CRX 1991 si, extremely clean and its got 135,000 mile, its my really good friend's business partner. the only visual blemished are a few small rust spots and not so small dents, but unfortunately i havent driven it yet :' ( so i dont know how it runs. but i hope ill eventually have the newest ZC rex in town and =spank= all the little ricers with the GTR emblems glued on... im lookin forward to GOOD times :laugh:

congrats on the find. talk to floored blazer about making your car into a killa...he knows his crx stuff. also, ashley (civicracinggirl7) can give you some feedback on them aswell, she's got a nice one.

oh...and ashley, i said this on another thread but i gotta say it again. coupes > hatches

3000gt VR4 are so f*ckin heavy theyre like 4100 pound for the hardtop conv. c'mon, all you could every do with that is go in a straight line, the RX7 will always stand tall

RX7 :wub: > really any damn thing

:glare: you dare to diss mitsubishi? you think you live? ninja boy kill you!!! :ninja:

haha, jk.

rx7's are nice...till you miss a shift, over rev it, and BOOM. no more motor. and playa..don't try to tell me 3kgt's arent fast...i'll have to whip out my matt monet link to his 10 sec stealth...no nitrous.

i'll have to whip out my matt monet link to his 10 sec stealth...no nitrous.

haha, nice quote :) matt and mike from altered atmosphere (right here in maryland) are fighting it out for the record... they keep getting faster and faster. and that's in their 3800 street outfits. :laugh:

maybe you should go out and buy 3kgt, the bases and sl's are not that expensive. :)

hmmm. yeah well in my searches, the first gens. are def. the ones to get if you're restricted by price. the tricky thing w/ waiting for the 97-99s is that the car is discontinued. who knows how the price will go up in the coming years...but then again, the reason they stopped the car in the first place was b/c there was a small market for them, so maybe their prices will drop... i dunno.

yeah man, last year i used to do a LOT of research into the 3kgt's (i had a boring class with access to a computer...need i say more?). from what i have found is that you can expect to pay about 13-20k for a 97-99. but i'll probably end up getting one in the 94-96 year range. a 94 would pretty much be perfect for me now that i think about it. :D how much did you pay for your sl? you got an sl right? right now i think i could expect to pay around 10 grand for a 94 vr4, but in the next few years the prices could either go up, go down, or stay the same. like you said.

i payed 8k for my car. it's a base model, not an sl. it had 79k miles on it, good condition, the guy never did any mods, but he did the maintenence on it. but yeah, the 94's are great. my car weighs 3197lbs, which is one of the lightest models of 3000gts. if youre into all the cool gadgets and moonroofs and stereos, then go ahead and get an sl. but you'll gain some weight from it. i chose the base cuz i still get the looks of the sl's and i save some weight.

Archived