Del Sol Aux Lights

CleanGSR

Can someone tell me what the number for the bulb in the aux lights is? As many of you know, you can't upgrade the bulb to a higher wattage because you'll burn up the housing. However, since LED's burn much cooler and a lot brighter, I thought about searching for LED replacement bulbs for the aux lights. I found some 1196 bulbs for $10/pair that have 27 led's in each bulb. This could solve the problem of getting bright lights without switching housings. Someone let me know if they know the bulb number.

Here's the link btw.... 1196 LED's

Why? I could buy those l.e.d. bulbs and they would be just as bright and only take 2 minutes to install. That and they would look oem outside (which I kind of like). Seems like those l.e.d.'s would do as good a job as the angel eyes for a lot less money/time.

So you're positive the 1196's are what the stock aux lights use? If so, I'm going to order them and try them out.

That's a little harsh. Not saying I don't like the angel eyes, just saying that for $10 I could possibly make my aux lights worth a damn. I don't have a ton of extra money to drop into the car with everything else I have going on with it.

Well, it's hard to tell sometimes. You should use smiley's more when your joking. We should have a sarcasm smiley. Anyway, I though that sounded like a good idea for a cheap fix to the crappy aux lights. Do you not agree?

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the headsup. New LED lighting is low on my priorities list, though, so I dunno when I'd do it anyway. You guys would be the first to know if I did, anyway.

Archived