Rotary Crx

VR17

That's an extraordinary swap, a rotory CRX would mercilessly spank.

It can't be an easy swap, being that RX-7s are rear wheel drive and has lots of torque, sounds like a project car. I really have no information about such a swap, so I am kind of babbling. :)

the hard part is getting the tranny in, i mean.. in a FWD car from a RWD, i think this conversion needs to be all customize cause honda never made a rotary powered car.

either that get a RX-7 and put a CRx chassie over it, modify some stuff and, you gotta rotary crx w00t

i guess that makes sence, but isnt the rotary engine smaller then inline four? i mean if it is, all you need is custom engine mounts and the tranny could fit if you modify the floorboards.

rotary1.jpg

Yes, it is smaller, in liters, not sure about size, although I think it is. IF you wanted to retain FWD, you would need a new tranny. If you wanted RWD, you would need to modify A LOT more than the floorboards.....

Archived