new del sol

greendelsol

hey greendelsol the first thing that i would get for the sol would be a Cat-Back exaust, coil-overs, and Zrated tires for better launch times and cornering ability... then start tuning the motor after you get the money... Like internals and turbo/supercharger... IMO :thumbsup:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If he is planning on a different motor then I wouldn't recommend messing with the exhaust or intake since the b series and d series are incompatible.

yeah that is true...sorry i thought he had the Del Sol VTEC...

Edit to my last post: get the B series swap, then get Exaust, header, intake, coil-overs, and Z-rated tires... then off with the internals...

yeah that is true...sorry i thought he had the Del Sol VTEC...

Edit to my last post: get the B series swap, then get Exaust, header, intake, coil-overs, and Z-rated tires... then off with the internals...

i didnt know you shouldnt get cat back before getting your desired engine. i thought cat back will work the same no matter what engine you get. haeders and intake i understand but not cat back. if your going to turbo i can say dont get catback til you get your turbo. cuz turbo needs 2.5 inch and if you get a 2.5 inch catback without a turbo your going to loose power. so in essence if you get catback befoer turbo youll have to redo your catback and waste hundreds of dollars.

since you solved a few of my turbo problems already, and you are the one to turn to for turbo sol help... on cc-fab.net, which manifolds can I use without loosing my AC, because this is my daily driver and I dont want to loose it, or is there no way around it?

Their manifolds will make you sacrifice your a/c. I was upset when I lost mine too, but then again I thought about it, and I stil have the vent. The air still comes out pretty damn cool. But if you want to keep your a/c, call them, they will fab a bracket onto one of the manifolds. You would have to get the tubular manifold. The Chuck Norris" and the Ramhorn are too big and the wastegate will be in the way of your A/C compressor. I don't miss my a/c, but then again it is still winter >_<

Their manifolds will make you sacrifice your a/c. I was upset when I lost mine too, but then again I thought about it, and I stil have the vent. The air still comes out pretty damn cool. But if you want to keep your a/c, call them, they will fab a bracket onto one of the manifolds. You would have to get the tubular manifold. The Chuck Norris" and the Ramhorn are too big and the wastegate will be in the way of your A/C compressor. I don't miss my a/c, but then again it is still winter >_<

yeah but you gotta think all you have to do in the summer is take off your targa top and roll down your windows and rear window and you'll stay cool no matter what! That's one reason i love Del Sol's soo much. oh and a buddy of mine has a Sol with a 3" cat-back exaust on his Sol and it's NA, it sounds great! :thumbsup:

That's the farthest thing from the truth. It was so hot last summer that I rarely took the top off. When it's 95-100 degrees out, having hot air blow on you at 70 mph doesn't cool you off and your back is covered in sweat from sitting in that weather against a black seat. I don't think I could survive without A/C......our summers get too hot.

That's the farthest thing from the truth. It was so hot last summer that I rarely took the top off. When it's 95-100 degrees out, having hot air blow on you at 70 mph doesn't cool you off and your back is covered in sweat from sitting in that weather against a black seat. I don't think I could survive without A/C......our summers get too hot.

yeah you live a little bit farther south than me. I think last summer it was about 95 degrees and i drove with my windows down it just got really hot when i wasnt moving, but i do have a hatch not a Sol :( .

About your initial question of how to trick out a del sol, I don't have much technical knowledge, but if you want my advice I'd say to do all the internals before you start worrying about body-kits and sound systems. It might not look as hot, but what's the point of having a nice looking car with homeboy rims if everyone you race beats you? Get the stuff to keep it running first, then the stuff to beef it up, then the stuff to make it pretty. This may seem like advice from some boring, fifty-five year old tuner, but I just think it's the only smart way to go. That's why I've got a 95 del sol s with a dent in the door and 193,000 miles on it that's still kickin' and it's starting (slowly) to get new bits and pieces to juice it up. The door will be fixed when I've got everything under the hood sorted out. Speaking of that, though, does anyone have a passenger side door they'd be willing to part with? If so, I might know someone who wants it.

Well, yeah, of course I'd want my car to look _and_ run decent but for those of us without unlimited cash monies, I'd go in that order. But, if money is no object to you, then go crazy all around. And don't cheap out on the sound system - you'll only regret it later.

Archived