b16a no VTEC AHHHHH!!!!

hi,

I have a civic with a b 16a with no codes, I had a look @ the ecu while driving... no lights on. I checked the VTEC solenoild & cleaned it ... it works. it has no check engine light on...There is oil in the engine ... It does have oil pressure.

he said vtec is not engaging. i worked on a 92 gsr integra with a B16A swap last nite had 5 i repeat 5 trouble codes held in PCM. Also i discovered last nite this engine doesnt have a knock sensor on it at all(verybad for performance).So were down to one code anyways.But his vtec and the car overall works great , goes like a scolded cat.

well there has to be a problem with the wiring. I checked oil pressure before & while jumperi'n the VTEC solenoid & there was a spike on the oil pressure gauge. was tracing back on the wires & found a wire besides the ecu which loes into the engine bay onto the big connector besides the fuse box... I compared the ecu connectior(civic jdm b16) with mine(crxjdm b16) I only managed to check the vss... wire which was unfortunately pluged in.

I just checked all the wires that were connected to the ecu with my jdm b16 ebay manual :thumbsup: & they were all connected! I have no Idea why the wire is commin thru the fire wall & just restin besides the friggin ecu!! I do think that I might have a broken wire, i have no cel on though I'm thinkin about checking all the wires that are hooked up to the ecu... but dunno how :( !!

AHHHHHH!!!!! ALL JDM & NO VTEC MAKES LEO A BAD BOY!!!!!! :devil:

Archived