Element

yeah ive seen the car on a commercial. it looks really nice!! its a bit bigger than the crv huh??

japanese folks have this thing for fixing up minivans and stuff. i have this OLD option video with a landcruiser running low 12's quartermile!!!! they crazy mofos over there!

I think the element is OK not a biggie. Yeah it is a little bigger than the CRV but smaller than the PILOT. and very economical too. I want to be one of the first to try it out. Before it comes out to the market the salespeople have a chance to go test drive it and learn more about it.

Ehh, I remember back when that was still a concept years ago, and I had hoped it wouldn't come out, lol. Anyway, I just hate SUVs, trucks, whatever. The Element is no exception I've found...

Agreed, I find most SUVs and Minivans for soccer moms and stay at home dads, especially those damn tanks.. err I mean Escalades and Navigators... Come on now. Drive a bus while you're at it. I know the station wagon went out a long time ago but if I get hit by a soccer mom while she's yapping on her cell phone, ALL hell is going to break loose.

Yeah, um, the Element is okay.

• 2 weeks later...

i think it would be a great car for people on big college campuses. I could've moved my stuff from apt to apt or back home in a thing like that a few years ago if I had one. It would've been so convenient. It looks like a great car suitable for some of my long road trips too.

• 1 month later...

i saw it in person....ehhhh.. at least from the outside it is... today when i get my car serviced i going to look inside of it....but my opinion it ugly, but thats what i said about my civic at first i guess it has to grow on you for a while...I like the doors though they open in the middle...

i not quite sure about that when i go down to the dealer i will give you more specs about it.i got to get me a new panel and a light fixed..

QUOTE (Hondachika18 @ Dec 11 2002, 3:43 PM)

I work for Honda Dealership in Miami FL. The element is going to be a great SUV for a low income family. They are expecting it at a price range of $16000 and maybe a little more depending on any extras.

wel when i went to the dealership to a new door panel i saw the elemnt and it was 18,000 and it had no radio and a/c. and to me i thought it was ugly that is the outside... the inside was cool and the doors were kick ass

about how the doors open...how did they make it safe enough for a t-bone crash? i mean, think about it. what if some drunk a-hole runs a redlight and hits you square, your kid in the backseat would be dead.

but...didn't honda do something to the doors to make them safe?

They had to beef up the sides and openings to reduce flex as well as support any side impact. Which is one of the main reason the thing is so heavy. Yet does pretty well against a PT Cruiser (not the PT Turbo). Oh well, I wouldn't mind having this car oh about 5 years ago when I was changing apts ever year and pretty much a road trip every semester to NorCal...ugh. I would have no use for it now tho...

Archived