is it worth it to build a b18b?

SD-Ricer

wuts up everyone my homie has a b18b with 130,xxx miles on it. He wants to put all his money into boring out the block to a 2.0 and having work done to the head (port & polish,etc.). to me that seems like a huge waste of money so i wanna hear your opinions on if it would be worth it. oh and also he wants to keep it all motor and doesn't want to make it ls/vtec.

thanx-

My opinion is scrap the b18b altogether and get his hands on a B18C1. Throw that in factory with 8lbs of boost and hel be plenty happy for the street. B18C1 = GSR integra, 170 horse and 8000 redline. Also if easy to get hands on i really like the B16A (civic SiR) , has 160 horse and also 8000 redline both good engines that can take a crap kickin. And they love boost. God bless DOHC VTEC!!!

My opinion is scrap the b18b altogether and get his hands on a B18C1. Throw that in factory with 8lbs of boost and hel be plenty happy for the street. B18C1 = GSR integra, 170 horse and 8000 redline. Also if easy to get hands on i really like the B16A (civic SiR) , has 160 horse and also 8000 redline both good engines that can take a crap kickin. And they love boost. God bless DOHC VTEC!!!

the GSR does not have 170. its rated at 170 from the factory, but i'll bet my bottom dollar you throw it on a dyno without a tune and its in the 160s, after a tune, maybe it'll hit just above with the 170. same with the b16.

my opinion?

do an LSVTEC swap, because after its tuned, w/ some bolt ons its known to hit about 180-184.

thats my opinion.

the GSR does not have 170. its rated at 170 from the factory, but i'll bet my bottom dollar you throw it on a dyno without a tune and its in the 160s, after a tune, maybe it'll hit just above with the 170. same with the b16.

my opinion?

do an LSVTEC swap, because after its tuned, w/ some bolt ons its known to hit about 180-184.

thats my opinion.

No the GSR comes with 170hp to the flywheel. 99% of the cars in the world will show different numbers on the dyno than what the manufacturer lists the hp at. It's the difference of drivetrain loss.

I was thinkin about that actually SSR, a b20 block sounded like the easy, cheap way to get it to a 2.0, but what parts does he need to use from the b20 and what parts from the LS? can he use the LS internals(pistons,crank,rods,etc.)?

Archived