Hello

EludeU99

Hi hows it going everyone? I'm 21, lived in hawaii all my life and i drive a 1999 Prelude....

I had a few questions, i need to get a new transmission my transmission just fryed a couple days ago. I'm in the process of looking for a new one. SO i figured i would come on here and get some help...

Honda dealerships here are a rip off, my warranty expired, so for a new trans they want 6,000$.

So i was browsing websites and came across on that sells many engines... www.osakajdmmotors.com/

I was wondering if anyone has dealt with them, if so how was it? Because for an engine with trans is way cheaper than a transmission by its self in hawaii...

Thanks in advance...

:crazy:

actually 6grand is a lot for just your tranny alone! you have a good idea though, with that amount of money, you can get a jdm engine and a tranny. what kind of engine fits in a prelude? is there such a thing as a prelude type r?? ive seen an emblem with it so i guess there is such a thing. see if you can get a prelude type r engine?

as for shipping, isn't hawaii closer to japan than the US states??? its probably cheaper to ship to hawaii b/c the shipping distance is closer but im not sure. good luck and let us know!

oh and welcome to the forum! :D

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the suggestions and info... I called the guy and they don't have any transmissions in stock, only complete engines... With shipping it comes to about 2700$

My friend just called me and his friend has a 00 h22a4 complete engine, and he will let it go for 2200$, or he might sell the trans seperately for a $1,000.

So i will hopefully have a trans or complete engine by friday, crossing fingers 8)

I came across the JDM Prelude Type-s Engine, is it really worth the $2,000 more for an extra 20hp? Or should i just stick to the prelude type-s engine?

CivicRacingGirl7 : you got three rides? Would you happen to be so nice, and let me borrow your gsr? :D

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the suggestions and info... I called the guy and they don't have any transmissions in stock, only complete engines... With shipping it comes to about 2700$

My friend just called me and his friend has a 00 h22a4 complete engine, and he will let it go for 2200$, or he might sell the trans seperately for a $1,000.

So i will hopefully have a trans or complete engine by friday, crossing fingers 8)

I came across the JDM Prelude Type-s Engine, is it really worth the $2,000 more for an extra 20hp? Or should i just stick to the prelude type-s engine?

CivicRacingGirl7 : you got three rides? Would you happen to be so nice, and let me borrow your gsr? :D

HAHA, nah... that car's nothing great anyway... :crazy:

its friday, and no luck yet in finding a transmission... In hawaii its Mission impossible trying to find one.

This girl i know suggested to me, have someone steal an automatic prelude and just take the trans... THink shes missing a few brain cells... :crazy:

Looks like im just gonna have to get a new engine with trans... And sell my old motor... :) Have a good good day!

its friday, and no luck yet in finding a transmission... In hawaii its Mission impossible trying to find one.

This girl i know suggested to me, have someone steal an automatic prelude and just take the trans... THink shes missing a few brain cells... :crazy:

Looks like im just gonna have to get a new engine with trans... And sell my old motor... :) Have a good good day!

hmm, your lude is auto?

Yeah its an auto with the sport shifter :laugh:8)

I was talking to a shop that performs engine swaps, and things in that nature. And they said it would be a b*tch, to convert it to manual...

Not sure though, i have to look more into it.

they lie, haha... anyway, just gather up a couple friends and do it yourselves, free labor. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived