Jb Owns A 96 Civic Ex

JBEX

Hey all, My name's Jason.

I've been playing with the idea of tuning up a car for some time now. I've gone through a geo prism LSI which I turboed and blew sky high! Didn't understand compression ratios. Study that stuff B4 you custom turbo ANY car!!!! Do it right or Blow it up!

Got a Dodge neon RT which I wasn't too impressed with.

Picked up a S'cort GT 89 and couldn't find sh*t for it aftermarket. Gave it to charity.

Which brings me to the Civic. I LOVE this car man! :wub:

I have big plans for her too:

I've already got her gulping air with an AEM Tube, got an idea to lower initial air temp and increase pressure just before the block. Hope it works. She's not exhaling as well as she should be, but I promise I'll add appropriate exhaust before the Rice! :)

I put in front and rear strut bars and immediately noticed the handling improvements. And swapped out that annoying little monkey horn! Why do they put those things in cars?!?!

Next up after exhaust is Springs. I live in Chicago so they HAVE to be adjustable. (Eibachs are what I'm going with. Then it's some great big ol discs and calipers front and rear, Racing clutch, and if I get really lucky a six speed trans.

Had a REAL bad experience getting replacement mirrors ( One got knocked off while I was parked) redlinezone.com is pathetic. you may have seen my other posts.

Next summer I plan to get new vented front fenders, side markers, and maybe a body kit, but I'm building a sleeper here so getting that "custom tuned" look is NOT what I'm after. I want no one to know that under the unassuming hood is a VTEC engine tuned to burn booty!

MY stats:

PS2 freak

Network & Broadcast Engineer by day

8)

33, still play games, and fix up cars??? :laugh: im jk!!

hey its all good!! welcome to the board and make yourself at home. you might want to visit the civic board here. you might learn a thing or two or you can contribute your knowledge to the rest of them! :)

33, still play games, and fix up cars???   :laugh:   im jk!!    

:D YESSIR!! I still love to do all things that make me unique! And you know, it's friggin cool as hell!

When you think about it, It's a science. Automotive technology, complex machines and all that. What's really nice is being able to afford all the aftermarket parts. This stage in my career allows me a lot of "flexibility" when it comes to hobbies.

This stage in my life affords me a certain level of "respect" too! :) You're right tho, It's all good. I only wish that everyone who loves doing something can hold on to it throughout their life. I know continuing to do the things I enjoy keeps me happy. You? 8)

Peace

Welcome to the board...

Anyway, as far as a drop, you want coilovers, not springs. Be sure to keep them clean though, or you won't be able to adjust them in an emergency such as your car needing to be towed (which hopefully won't have to happen regardless). Happened to my brother a couple years ago.

Also, if you're planning on building a sleeper, why bother with the z3 style fenders and the like? Usually sleeper means no or little exterior mods :crazy:

• 1 month later...

Well, I want it to look nice. :D a couple of exterior mods would be okay right? I've since nixed the z3 style fenders and body kit, but I WILL do the coilovers. Thanks for the clarification. All that and brains too!? CG you're the Automotive goddess! :blush:

Well, I want it to look nice. :D a couple of exterior mods would be okay right? I've since nixed the z3 style fenders and body kit, but I WILL do the coilovers. Thanks for the clarification. All that and brains too!? CG you're the Automotive goddess! :blush:

haha, sounds good, and thanks :p

Archived