Transplant Question

As most of you may or may not know, I am not a fan of hot rodding honda's but......

I always hear people braggin about putting an acura 2.0 liter into there civic, I dont know how much difference there will be between a 1.6 and a 2.0 My guess is that if you build em up they probably top out at similar power ratings. (naturally aspirated of course)

Now my questiuon is, if your gonna have a front wheel drive car, why not putting a more powerfull motor in your car like an acura V6, or a V6, out of an accord? you'd have more power potential, and most importantly more torque.

does anybody do it????? and why arent more poeple doing it?

My opinions on why they drop the Integra engines into the Civics is that they drop right in (bolt in) and you can go from a 115hp engine to one that is 160-200 just from the exchange. From there you can max those B series engines out...

For Accords, the Prelude engines drop right in.

I suppose you could drop a V6 in there but you would need to do some serious engine bay modification and Honda has not produced any manual transmission V6's except on the more expensive Acura sedan's (i.e. Legend), which would be much more expensive to aquire, with the exception of the new 2003 Accord Coupe 6spd. You would probably also need to beef up the suspension to handle the extra weight.

I myself would love to drop a Prelude engine in my car and have 220hp's with a stock engine. Then go from there to make a nice sleeper. :)

I've never seen a V6 in a Civic personally...

yeah with a highly modified rebult engine and a turbo....throw in a nos bottle and your set. oh and strip out the interior. all that power and a light weight car will fly... civics are the lightest honda so thats why the civic is used the most to modify hondas.

Newbie here.

http://www.quadserver.com/800/nice.jpg

http://www.quadserver.com/800/rover5.jpg

A typical donor car in the UK, Rover 827 V6 (Acura Legend mk1) with manual 'box, cost - free to collector.

What can you guys do with these motors stateside? Anybody here have one? I've seen advertised a crummy and rather expensive single turbo lo-blow system, but that is all.

And anybody know who's this is or if its been finished? Pictures are from Mark Eley, but nobody knows whose the car (CRX) is!

http://www.216turbo.com/images/crx-v6-1.jpg

http://www.216turbo.com/images/crx-v6-2.jpg

Marko

Land-Rovers, Rover 820 turbo

Yeah not to much for the Legend at all. I've seen a few cheep turbo kits and I think a supercharger is made fo them also, but very rare have I seen this. Best bet with a Legend is to just drop it on some chrome with a kickin' system and just cruise........

the reason peopel wont drop a honda v6 into their car is because they are made more for distance and not top speed. they are not fast as teh 4 cylinders have pretty much the same horses. also there is hardly any upgrades because most people buy one for if they go on road trips. because with a 4-cyl there is so much u can do just like a v-8 :). hell why not convert your civic/crx to rwd and put a 454 in it. crap i have seen it done might as well. but people that like good looking cars that sound different and look different but are still fast as hell for being hondas go with the 4-cyl.

lol, if you have the money to drop in a 454, i have two things to say for ya... 1. you're going to kick some major ass in your civ., and 2. can i borrow some? My dad used to race an old chevy w/ a 454 back in the day.... can't remember exactly what model car it was, but he burned the hell out of a 'vette w/ the same engine. I do remember that he said the weight comparison in the civic and his car was relatively comaparative, if that gives you an idea of how fast it was... :o

Archived