Vis Wing

CleanGSR

Well, I have a little bit of a delima and could use some opinions on the matter. The integra I'm getting currently has a 2 level Vis wing fiberglass painted to match. I know the wing is what everyone on here would call ricer, but here's my delima. I was going to remove it and cap the holes, and then re-drill the factory spoiler holes and put it back on. Unfortunately when I removed the Vis wing, the trunk is too messed up where it was mounted to fix without taking to a body shop (which I can't currently afford). So, should I just live with the stock spoiler and messed up trunk lid or live with the Vis wing. First money I get saved up will be toward putting a carbon hatch (trunk) on the car.

Second question. How hard is it to remove the back glass in a DC2 2 door integra? From the looks of it I couldn't even begin to see how to remove it, which I'll have to do when I get the carbon hatch lid.

IMO, i would take the wing off and live with the trunk holes since from far away, nobody can see them. I have seen that wing on teg's before, it is quite large, but it's completely up to you .. there is only one wing i like on the teg, and that is the type r, otherwise, i vote for wingless

IMO, i would take the wing off and live with the trunk holes since from far away, nobody can see them. I have seen that wing on teg's before, it is quite large, but it's completely up to you .. there is only one wing i like on the teg, and that is the type r, otherwise, i vote for wingless

+1

but it is your car. if you dont mind the wing that much, then leave it on until you get the cf hatch, or decide to have the body shop fix it up. so how is the trunk messed up exactly? if you wanted to you could sand it down yourself and bondo sand, bondo sand......and then just have the shop paint it. but it might not be worth your time. depends on what you want. my votes for taking it off.

Well, there are a few problems with the trunk when the spoiler is off. First is obviously the holes. Second the entire section on each side where the wing met the trunk is kind of scratched up and faded from all the dirt that got underneath it for 4 years. Third, the bodyshop that put it on used a urethane adhesive to help it stick to the trunk lid and I don't know if I can get all of it off. Fourth, the trunk lid looks almost like it has a dent or crease from where the spoiler was mounted on each side. So, my problem is whether or not to deal with all those things or keep the wing until I can afford the carbon hatch. I've also been watching ebay for a hatch with stock, type r, or wingless on it.

Still waiting for some input on how to switch the rear window from my hatch to the carbon hatch when I get it....if anybody knows, please inform.

wow, sounds like it is pretty beat to crap. i guess leave the wing on and keep lookin for a new trunk or a cf one.

as for the glass. im not really sure. you probably have to pull back some of the carpet and stuff behind the rear seats to find bolts or something...i dunno, just a guess.

Yeah, that's the problem, the trunk lid is pretty beat up looking with the wing removed, but looks perfectly fine when the wing is on....so I can't decide which to do. I've had the wing on and off half a dozen times going back and forth.

I can get a Vis hatch shipped for around $500. But I'm wondering if switching the rear hatch glass is something I can do or something I'll have to take to a glass store, like the ones that replace windshields and have them switch it over.

go speed ricer! go go speed ricer! go speed ricer gooooooooooo!!!

my guess would be taking the glass off the stock hatch would/should be the same size. if you dont have much experience putting it in, then a glass installation shouldnt cost more than 50 bucks and probably be done in about a day.

you should seriously take it to a shop to get it done.Why would you chance doing something bad to a new cf hatch? make them do it. it should be cheap. I say keep your wing on for now. It won't much matter in the long run and the wing will keep water and crap from getting in through the holes.

Um, I've done everything on everycar I've ever owned except for major bodywork, and I even helped on that, so if can be done without taking to a window shop then I can probably do it. I'm just wondering if it is all seals and sealants that hold the glass in. If it is, then I probably don't have the right supplies to switch the window. If it's just some bolts that I'm overlooking then I could swap it myself. That's why I'm trying to find out. Doesn't matter though, cause I'm leaning toward buying a completely new hatch w/ glass off ebay so all I'll have to do is prep, tape and paint it.

I can handle small jobs like bumpers wings, trunk lids. I could probably do a full car too if I wanted to take the time. I spent 2 months helping the guy at my bodyshop when we did my celica so I know how to do everything prep, tape and prep wise. I've never actually tackled an entire car on my own though.....(I assume that you are actually kidding around about me painting your car though).

Oh also, I found a drag style wing that sits flush on the trunk and hangs off the back a little (think it's made by ground designs). I'm sure a lot of you won't like the style, but I like it so I might go that route.....plus it would end up being cheaper than all the other options.

i like the drag wings personally. i wanted one for the sol, but it needed a little custom work to fit and look nice. i wanted one that kind of hung off a little and then curved up a little bit ... so i was planning on shaving that one down a little more on the closer side to the trunk (on an angle) so it appears as if it is curving upward ... but i never did because i think i may still go wingless ...

the 634 WHP del sol video i posted has that wing, but he has it held up by ugly supports ... i like it :thumbsup:

Yeah, mine has the front, sides, and rear factory option lip kit. Looks like the type R front lip with nice sides and rear. Lowered on comptech's w/ 17" gunmetal enkeis. I think it would look really good with that wing, so I'm probably leaning that direction right now. Plus it looks like in the picture it will cover over the holes from the existing VIS wing.

Archived