what time should a crx run with a stock b16a

gsxtc

well we are but also we are talking about turbos. im gona alow this cause i want a little info to. yes the signal(or at least i think it is) car is a jdm silvia otherwise known as a USDM 240sx w/o all teh cool specs and neet things. so which have you decided on going with silvia

actually the car i posted is a s15, we dont have a usdm car to compare it to :mad: but i think i'm gonna go with the 518z, since my car will be more of an auto-x car then a drag car. it needs to remain streetable, with the 518z being internally wastegated, i wont have to worry about buying other parts as i would with the 3037. i'm still thinking about doing the hks gt-rs turbo which is also internally wastegated.

• 8 months later...
:ninja: i have a Crx with a j-spec b16a with just intake and short ram intake and i destroy Civic Si's with intake header exhaust that have good drivers. but the difference is that i have a b16a with a ls tranny and stage-3 clutch. my gears are so much longer than the civic's and Crx's with Zc's that when they are in the middle of third im at the end of second. But it does depend on the driver, the tires , the weather, and the reliability of the engine and how it is treated. i havent been to the track yet but im planning to run 14.5-15.0 on falken azenizs and exhaust and short ram intake.:ninja:

• 2 weeks later...
its a 95 240sx with a 97 s14 motor.  ive been told that to run anything bigger then a t67 you need to run a stroker kit such as the toda one, not sure on that though.

i am however looking into the possibility of bringing in an s15 for "race purposes only"  haha  :laugh:

SR20DET dosent need a turbo that big (In the language of turbo) bigger is not the best, an s14 is a drift car you can make 400 hp at the crank easy with the stock turbo. An HKS 3037s can give it 700 HP easy.

A fully rebuilt engine can make a lot of horse power on low boost.

THIS IS A HONDA FORUM STOP TALKING ABOUT NISSAN Screw them.

i think he means stock intake, stock exhaust, stock header...quit calling people stupid when you actually think someone would run their engine without i/h/e on it.

tires matter...

i find your post funny...just wait till ssr finds it.

I been reading lots of post with SSR in it you always seem to put your 2 cents in when he does, and jesus (what is SSR gonna do?)

It's like you depend on that person.

(What do you need tires for ) slicks for on a stock b16? (It anit gonna shave a second off)

I know Alot of people who just run headers.

• 2 weeks later...

well, i ran a 15.2 with regular all-season tires @ 6000 ft with a JDM B16A1, and all i have are CAI, Header, and Exhaust, i imagine at sea-level, or close to it id be running low, low 14's

Slicks make a damn big difference even on a stock engine car. I would rather have a stock engine and slicks and be .3 seconds faster, versus an I/H/E and be 1 second faster.

1. Slicks last a long ass time, street tires (especially radials) don't.

2. 60'

Archived