Getting more torque

Okay. What exactly is involved in a port & polish? I know that Gran Turismo has it as an option, but beyond that I have no idea.

Taking off the head and give it to a machine shop that does that kind of work and they will do it for you....I don't think that is something you can do in your garage at home.....much more extensive.

I believe the polish part is where they polish the cylinder walls and actually put very small grooves or something that help prevent detonation. Port part is where they round out where the intake manifold comes in to make air flow better. Then there is 3 angle or 5 angle valve jobs which do something else I think.... somebody who knows more about this should explain a little better.

• 2 months later...
Then there is 3 angle or 5 angle valve jobs which do something else I think.... somebody who knows more about this should explain a little better.

I not 100% sure on this one, but this is want i got out of it in my class i took here. When you change the angle it allows it to open up more and make a wider area for air to flow so you can get a little more air into the cylinders. But i think that it also makes it so that the valves won't completely close, so you have to grind the area around where the valves close to make it seal better. Like i said i not fully sure, just coming off the top of my head from what i remember in class.

Archived