New deck...

Added a nice head unit from Dual...nothing too fancy but 200W with MP3 capatibility and an external media adapter for Ipods and such for $99. Installation would have been a 20 minute job except I spent much more time repairing the harness because of the fracktard who did a hack job on the previous JVC head unit that came with the car when my brother bought it...fun..:-" Plain crimp butt connectors = no...no no no... :mad:

Pics...start and finish...

civicstereo15xf.jpg

civicstereo38is.jpg

civicstereo69ab.jpg

good job. i hate wiring up head units.. also i am pretty picky about the kit that the head unit goes into. I had one that crutchfield sent me and it looks retarded. there is no slot on the bottom half to hold my cds! It is just a face plate that covers unless you get a equilizer or if you have a dvd player with a motorized screen.

where'd you get that CD player? I've been planning to get a cheap one and that sounds like it has a lot for the money. I would like to have a jack for plugging in my Palm Pilot to play my videos and mp3's.

the thing i hate about crutchfield is the kits that they give you is crappy. I once ordered a hu and they gave me a kit where the bottom half is just a hole. the bottom half is for if you have an equilizer or something. If not, there is a plastic piece that goes over the hole. I wanted a small slot below to hold...cds or receipts and junk.

Archived