k20 or k24 in an integra

amateurteg

hey, whats up ,havent been in the forum for a while, ive been busy putting bags on my car, but theyre giving my trouble, so im putting my stock suspension back on. haha, words of wisdom " never buy a used air ride kit off of ebay". haha ive learned my lesson. but anyway, i was curious, i was researching on the k20a2 and the k24 engine that comes in the tsx, and everybody tells me they want the rsx type s motor, but when i was researching on them, both engines put out the exact same horsepower, and the tsx engine also produces more torque, at the same rpm. also it has a lower compression ratio, but both are still relatively high, the tsx motor has like 10.5, and the rsx has like 11, so would the tsx be a better buy, because both stab right into an integra with the mount kit, and the tsx is a lot cheaper, is there something that i dont know about the k24 taht makes the k20 superior to it, because according to stats, the tsx motor should have better take off, and a turbo upgrade should do better on the tsx because of its lower compression ratio, but still its pretty high. If anyone has any info on this, please reply, ha, ive already made one mistake in purchasing things, and im trying to keep from doing it again. Another thing, would i just be better off spending the money on a new engine to build up my b18b1???

yea i know, tsx engines are a lot cheaper, and i according to stats, the k24 is a better engine. i dont know how well itll respond to bolt ons, but its a lot cheaper than the rsx type s engine, like, my friend was thinking of putting a k20 in a 93 civic hatch, and he said for everything, it would be around 5K, and if you can get a complete tsx engine for 2K, then you have 3K to invest, which is almost a complete stage 1 turbo kit. If the k20 is taht much better, then id go with it, but nothing has disproved the tsx one yet, i think it has quite a bit of potential but i dont know. But, if i was to spend around 2K for an engine, could i make my b18b1 faster than a k24??

• 1 month later...

depends on how much $$ you have. If you only have 2-3000 to spend, then just turbo your B18b and get more hp than the motor swap. If you have quite a bit more than that, do the swap, then turbo your K series for some serious hp.

I'm guessing here, but I would say that the K20 has stouter internals since the RSX type S was made to be more sportier than the TSX. At least, that's the only reason I can think of that people would want the K20 over the K24. (again, I'm just assuming)

You have to understand about the inner workings of engines to get why the K20 is better than the K24, and I don't mean how an engine works or what parts are used.

Archived