'86 Prelude Project

The car's engine froze-up so I want to replace it without having to replace the transmi$$ion. I have tried to look for one, but most companeis only stock '88-up. The car has a 2.0L FI automatic. I don't want to race it, just to bring it back to life. Does it make a diffrence if used engine is auto or manual?

• 1 year later...

no actually it desnt matter i have done it a few times already and infact i just recently did a motor change in my brothers 86 prelude si. and it wa an auto engine and hs car is stick. you dont need the ecu or anything just changing the fly wheel is all you have to do

no actually it desnt matter i have done it a few times already and infact i just recently did a motor change in my brothers 86 prelude si. and it wa an auto engine and hs car is stick. you dont need the ecu or anything just changing the fly wheel is all you have to do

You're retarded.

no im not retarded. if you are changing your motor with the same engine for your car then no it does not matter if its stick or auto. n if you were changing the tranny yea it will matter but if you just doin a motor change it will not matter. so your retarded

no im not retarded. if you are changing your motor with the same engine for your car then no it does not matter if its stick or auto. n if you were changing the tranny yea it will matter but if you just doin a motor change it will not matter. so your retarded

We're talking about a auto to manual swap. You said all you have to do is change the flywheel. If thats what you think, then you're retarded.

Archived