Newcomer Needs All The Advice Available

4doorstunna

I recently purchased a '89 4 door civic. it has 105k on it, runs awesome and has a great body. im looking to soup it up this spring cause i live in maine and i cant drive it in the winter,(its my daily driver). so far ive bought clear corners, sparco pedals, a system and some decals. the only reason why i havent bought anything else is im afraid to. I dont want to buy junk brands but i dont want to pay outrageous amounts for top of the line. i want to know the best products i can buy for the least amount of cash. i need to konw the best coilovers, the best intake, (which is a bitch to find a good name brandintake for a dx), and the berst exhaust. ive already purchased a combat front bumper also. any other info like the best plug wires or ways to free up some extra horse power would be excellent i know someone knows. thanx

• 2 months later...

Do the standard stuff first CAI, Plugs n' wires, 4:2:1 header/ exhaust, strut bars front and back, and rear wing (within reason), Horsepower isn't the only variable. You have to increase the performance of the WHOLE system, a well handling Cvic 4dr with 130hp, will spank a uncontrollable Mustang with 500hp ATW, EVERYTIME!! :laugh:

skip the rice, sleep.

I had an 89 Civic that I bought to restore and sell. Anyways, all I would do is B16A, you can get them for $2,900 at this place. Open up the intake and exhaust. No wing, that would look pretty stupid on a 89 sedan. If you put any of the available bodykits on it, it will look like rice or just plain stupid. Get some old school Mugen parts if you can find some at reasonable prices. Like the Mugen taillights, wheels, just stuff like that. I'll post a site later today with the link. Also, try some lowering springs, maybe a 3/4" to 1" drop, and some Nitto 555R tires for traction.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived