ls/vtec

hey guys im back again because my ls/vtec conversion is some wat a problem once again.. now the thing is that somwhere in the rear of the engine under the intake manifold it leaks alot of oil wen i rev hard .. does anyone know wat me problem could be ?? oh and another thing my vtec isint kickin in either .. if anyone could help i would be very grateful .. oh and im a beginner at this swap thing so if anyone that has done this could help me out then polease do thanx

oil pan gasket?

rear main seal leaks? (between engine and transmission)

drain plug leaks? (stripped plug, loose, bad threads, messed up oil pan thread hole)

head gasket leak?

valve cover gasket leak?

and for your vtec question.. i dont know

hey guys im back again because my ls/vtec conversion is some wat a problem once again.. now the thing is that somwhere in the rear of the engine under the intake manifold it leaks alot of oil wen i rev hard .. does anyone know wat me problem could be ?? oh and another thing my vtec isint kickin in either .. if anyone could help i would be very grateful .. oh and im a beginner at this swap thing so if anyone that has done this could help me out then polease do thanx

when you leak a largish amount of oil, you're losing quite a bit of oil pressure. VTEC uses oil pressure to engage. this is why VTEC isn't kicking in.

what other symptoms of any? does car smoke at all , if so what color?If car doesnt smoke its def not head gasket. most likely valve cover or oilpan. As far as vtec not kickin in , i find you cant even tell in my 01 civic and i know its not the most powerful car. Id say most likely electronic.

As far as vtec not kickin in , i find you cant even tell in my 01 civic and i know its not the most powerful car. Id say most likely electronic.

I just told him what it is. it's a lack of oil pressure.

1. did you drill an oil passage into the block for oil flow or did you use an external oil line?

2. if you used an external oil line, did you block up the oil passage in the head?

if not, there's your leak and reason why VTEC isn't kicking in. trust me, I actually know what I'm talking about.

LS-VTEC and CR-VTEC engines consist of non-VTEC blocks mated with VTEC heads. the main problems with this is the rod bolts are weak and strip and VTEC engines have internal oil passages for oil flow. to get oil pressure to the VTEC solenoid, you have to either drill a passage in the block or plug up the passage in the head and run an external oil line. also, a GS-R oil pump is a must, since the LS pump doesn't flow enough oil and will cause a spun rod bearing.

well to tell u the truth bigbird the thing is that i didnt plug or drill the oil passage i didnt know i had to .. if i were to plug the passage hole on the head .. (i have no idea where that its) then where would i have to use an external line to ? im a rx7 guy myself but im gettin into hondas alot now adays so this project is new to me .. oh and another problem is that wen i had the gsr full engine it used to redline at 8200 but now it redlines at 6200 to 6500.. but the odd thing is that wen the car isnt moving it goes all the way to 8200 .. it baffles me but as u can plainly see im in need a some drastic help.. :crazy:

im not trying to be an ass, but did you do ANY research before deciding on this project?

it seems like you dont know whats going on.

my only suggestion to you know is listen to bigbird b/c he knows exactly what hes talkin about and will help you out a lot.

Archived