reccomended products

djp73

as an owner who is new to the "sport compact" scene im unsure which companies products are considered high quality and which i should steer clear of

perhaps we could attempt to compile a list using knowledge of the members here

my first modifications will be the following, any reccomendations would be appreciated

springs/struts/alignment kits

im looking to stiffen up the ride and lower the stance a little, the car will see a lot of autocross and road course action

i would also like to look into bigger sway bars

if anyone has purchased these products from certain vendors with good results i would appreciate input

also what can be done engine wise that is somewhat "bolt on"

a cold air intake is an obvious one, which companies are good

what about pulleys?

thanks in advance

-dj-

as far as springs and struts, most people go with koni yellows and ground control coilover sleeves with custom rate springs. some also go with a full coilover setup like Tein. I have a full Omnipower coilover setup on my car and I love it.

I haven't really messed with sway bars yet, but suspension technique makes good bars.

Injen makes a good intake. RS*R makes a very good exhaust.

how quality do you want a header to be?

i was looking at the eibach sportline plus kit

springs, struts and swaybars

i have to do some more preventitave maintnance before i worry about any of this and i still havent registered the car yet so no rush on this stuff

aem or injen, just like you said "apc junk" (apc is junk)

tein coilovers

rs-r exhaust

blah blah blah blah... if you're worried about "why should i buy this if this is a lot cheaper", than don't bother modding the car. all of the above listed are affordably priced for the quality

ok im looking at the tein site

on the listing it has a note that say "rear fork" anyone know what they mean by that?

does the "basic" kit come with alignment stuff??

thanks again for your help and patients

ok, heres my first stage of upgrades i think

aem CAI

dc sports front and rear strut bars

(assuming the dc sports stuff is reccomended)

this will be about $500 then the next step will be suspension

maybe exhaust at some point

why should i pay almost 3x more for the injen intake over the apc junk?

ill probably make my own but i was curious

those statements alone lead me to believe that you don't need to do anything to your car.

apc only exists because of ricers that say stuff like "its cheaper and its the exact same thing." if you did a little research you would see that of the popular companies aem and injen gave the most horsepower gains and had the best quality. i'm sure ssr can tell you another company that cost a little more, but will also be a better, more race proven product.

getting strut bars is a waste of money at your stage. get your intake, get a good exhaust (greddy, apexi, hks, rsr, whatever), get some good coilovers (tein...or bbs's suggestion - omnipowers) then seriously evaluate your finances, your cars worth to you, and decide whether its worth it to you to keep going with the modifications.

as you just dais, because apc is junk. cheaper quality products for a cheaper price.

^ you get what you pay for for the most part in this industry

Archived