Bad news bears!

stickmonster(lol)

alright this one is directed primarily at SSR, cause I think he has an Idea of what I was doing, but if you have helpful input feel free to add.

Anyways, I don't know if you remember but I had been getting ready to put my new pistons and connecting rods in, I had also picked up a new camshaft from crower and valve springs and retainers. All the things I listed last came in a kit that they sold online, it had some other stuff in it too but it's besides the point. Mr. Daigre, the guy who had promised to do my engine had called me the other night. So I bring my car in, he apparently began right away cause the next day he called with a problem. A "preexisting deformity" has led to my engine not running with the new parts, and he wants me to buy a block from him and let him rebuild the whole damn thing, does this sound like a con. Have you ever run into one of these "preexisting deformities" before. Get back to me on that, I've already spent 1200 on the damn thing and I probably could've picked up a B18 for 2800 and swapped it for 600. I am severely pissed off, and he says he can do nothing with it.

Tell him you are having someone else do the work.

Tell him to take pictures, measurements, and write a detailed description of what is wrong, and email them to whoopeedooracing@aol.com

He is completely bullcrapting you.

Alright, my uncle Lynn checked it out and got it running again, I don't know exactly what he did but it was moving. He brought it to a tuning shop this morning to get everything worked on. He was telling me how bad it was running, it died twice. He thinks that the ECU needs to be tweaked and said the v tec controller didn't seem to be working. He could'nt tell a difference in power due to the motors problems. Since he referred me to the guy, he's gonna pay for all the things the dude screwed up and he plans to give it a good overhaul sometime soon for good measure. Lynn should be getting it back to me in a few hours so I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

too far away, I thought I'd be looking at a little less hassle back at home. Anyways the guy didn't do a rebuild he just put the new parts on. The engine has 98000 miles on it and if he fracked up any of the important stuff I might need to do a full rebuild.

My uncle is on his way right now at 6:00, should be here in 15 minutes with the car.

Oh, well I meant a full rebuild where they shave the top of the motor, he only replaced the gaskets at the shop.

Everything is working fine now, the ECU was the main problem and they had to tweak the timing on the camshaft and other miscelaneous things. The v tec had been disconnected and everything is up and running. They put it on the dyno but I haven't gotten the sheets yet.

Definite increase in power, really nice response I'm glad I had it done, kinda wish it'd been a little less of a hassle but end result is good. It's a bit quicker now, I plan on doing a little more work on the internals before I move outside. Lynn told me I needed to pick up a nice exhaust and maybe a better intake if I wanna really feel the difference. I guess I've moved outta my league for autocross but I'm still looking into it. I look forward to at least 138 whp at 5000 rpm if not better, I won't be doing the nitrous kit.

Archived