Need help with instrument lights

Daigogreen

Hi all, new to this forum and I have a problem with my 96 Civic that I'm hoping someone can offer some assistance.

The light on my dash that displays the temp, fan speed, etc doesn't work anymore. Does anyone know what I need to remove to get to the lightbulb(s)? I'm hoping it's something that simple and not a wiring issue.

Thanks in advance.

The light on my dash that displays the temp, fan speed, etc doesn't work anymore. Does anyone know what I need to remove to get to the lightbulb(s)? I'm hoping it's something that simple and not a wiring issue.

he's clearly saying that the bastard doesn't light up.

Check fuses first, if they are all straight move on to an auto parts store to get new bulbs. You can ask them about the size and install or you can consult you're car manual. If you want, you could pick up one of those big thick service manuals to get detailed instructions and illustrations on what to do.

You might see if you could adjust the brightness on you're dash. There's a little rotating knob near where you engage cruise control to the left of the steering wheel, once you change out the bulb (which I really would recommend you change them all while you're in there) turn down the brightness so the bulbs will last longer.

i don't have a civic so I can't give you step by step instructions but i am pretty sure there are at least 2 screws besides the steering wheel that you'll need to remove to take out the gauge cluster. Once you take out all of the necessary screws, take out the cluster at your own risk.

• 1 month later...

Archived