*whispers Soothingly While Stroking My Car*

I saw an ITR on the road today. The guy was standing next to me at Starbucks. I only saw his car from the back at first and didn't think anything of it. Then he pulled away as I was and I noticed the front end. Sounded really good.

But, who knows if it really was one or just a conversion. He was Japanese so maybe!

dude you dont have to move the steering to the left. my neighbor has a skyline gt-r yellow that is right hand drive

yeah, the skyline can be in the US because it has been crash tested with the right hand drive results. that site said some stuff about it

If you are in the US :

Firstly, the Japanese specifications (JDM) vehicle is a Right Hand Drive model. And it is difficult to import it into the US at present.

Unless you wish to present crash test data for any Right Hand Drive car, it cannot legally be imported to the US. And we do not support to present crash test data.

It is possible to import of JDM cars under regulations regulating these cars to race(competition) use only.

Race cars cannot be registered for street use.

As for the Skyline GTR, it is possible to import the only Skyline GTR into the US for street use although it is necessary to legalize the skyline to use it on the US road. The cost to legalize a Skyline GTR depends on the year of vehicles. There are also some conditions on some of the year models and where they are coming . But generally, the legalizing cost of a Skyline is

1990~   R32 Skyline GTR - around 16,000USD.

1995   R33 Skyline GTR - around 17,000USD.

1996~ R33 Skyline GTR - around 25,000USD (OBD2 system).

1999~ R34 Skyline GTR - around 25,000USD (OBD2 system).

Also, it is possible to import the old JDM vehicle (25 year or old) into the US.

hey trepid, how about a '99 rx-7?

right hand drive? well from what I can tell is that it is not legal to have one in the US, but who knows, there is probably an insurance report somewhere that would show if the right hand drive is legally tested... all this crap pisses me off, the only reason its such a problem is because they don't have a way for the insurance company to figure out how to bill you correctly :mad:

Archived