control arm problems

Hatch92

i have a 92 civic cx hatch. the stock 13's run fine in the winter but in the summer i try 2 run my 16's and it wears the control arm bushings out in like a weak. any1 know the problem and possibly a fix?

thats right, wheel size is not a factor here. I was summarizing his statement into one sentence.

you can't really tell if the axle is slightly bent. Now if it was crazy bent or straight up broken then one side of the car would looked slammed. :D If Hat's axle was bent (slightly or severely) it can put more pressure/stress onto the bushing though...just a thought?

Axles don't control how the car sits at all. If an axle was bent which I've never heard of in a Honda, then there would be a vibration. That would affect the busing though.

i donno all the arms are straight, axels are straight. everything is the way its supposed to be bust it's still wearing out. went throught about$1000 worht of tires and $300 worth of bushings this past summer alone.

Your first mistake was wasting all that money versus taking it in to a dealership.

The first set of tires should have told you something was wrong.

The second sey you should have realized you're being stupid.

• 2 months later...

Archived