Technical Questions For The Wise & Experienced 1s

my lil bros got a 92 honda accord, and the "D" light on the dash (gears) light starts to flash, it started happenning all of a sudden one morning according to him. Now the thing is when that light is flashing the transmission wont switch to higher gears, stays in the first gears and goes into the second, but the car wont go any faster. Stays at 20mph, then you floor the accelator and the car downshifts and starts going but the when it comes time to switch to second gear, car come back down to 20mph. Im guessing its some sort of a fuse, relay, or maybe the automatic tranny computer. But anyone in here know wut might be causing this? thanks in advance.

Kruso

dang, maybe you need to do a tranny flush but go to the nearest transmission shop. maybe they can answer your questions. they'll prob bs and tell you all sorts of sh*t so you can replace parts that dont need to be replaced......not trying to scare you but people tend to do that.

its an automatic...u guys dont do ur own work do u??? dont wanna sound like an ass but i myself own a supra and i posted this on supra forums, and those guys actually pin ponited the problem down to the T, which was the ecu... but just a question, how many of you guys do ur own work?

Kruso

Do u expect everyone on an internet forum to be able to pinpoint a mechanical problem for u? We're all car enthusiasts..some work on their own cars, some don't.

Some have the experience, some don't. Not everyone is an ASE Certified master tech. And even then, its hard to gauge problems w/o being there in person.

i do the easy stuff myself but like if i was to get coilovers, which ill prob get sometime in the near future, the shop is going to have to do that. my car isnt as simple as most other cars.

the easiest thing that i dont do on my car is the oil change. i can't freaking reach the oil filter!! they placed it so you can get frustrated and thinking why you didn't get the dealership folks to do it in the 1st place :sad:

this responce is for Toda Party... The MEANING of the phrase "car enthusiast" is knowing ur car from top to bottom! and the last time I checked this WAS the technical section on honda forums!!! I am in no way an "ASE" certified mechanic! and even if one of you were, i wouldnt care, cuz u wouldnt know anymore then i already DO! Im no one special but i can tell exactly wut my car is doing it and why! started a couple of years ago and now i can change out a SUPRA engine in TWO hours! doesnt mean im special, just means i KNOW MY CAR! and becuause this IS the technical section on hondaforums, YES i do expect for someone to tell me wut was goin on with that accord! because that problem was described in detail! didnt have to be there to diagnose the problem, which i do understand is the case in normal cases. So before you TRY to tell someone off, KNOW UR STUFF!

This response is TLontheDL...its way much easier to change out the oil filter from the bottom, get ur self a crawler and two ramps, both dont cost more then 80 bucks and takes about ten mins to do the whole oil change.

Kruso

i dont work on automatic transmissions, so i dont know much about them. all of my cars (except the first one i owned when i got my liscense at 16) have had manual transmissions. my wife just got her license and i bought her an ATX car, but the only thing i did to that was to add a transmission cooler. if someothing goes wrong with it, i guess i'll learn about ATX'sicon_darin.gif

this responce is for Toda Party... The MEANING of the phrase "car enthusiast" is knowing ur car from top to bottom! and the last time I checked this WAS the technical section on honda forums!!! I am in no way an "ASE" certified mechanic! and even if one of you were, i wouldnt care, cuz u wouldnt know anymore then i already DO! Im no one special but i can tell exactly wut my car is doing it and why! started a couple of years ago and now i can change out a SUPRA engine in TWO hours! doesnt mean im special, just means i KNOW MY CAR! and becuause this IS the technical section on hondaforums, YES i do expect for someone to tell me wut was goin on with that accord! because that problem was described in detail! didnt have to be there to diagnose the problem, which i do understand is the case in normal cases. So before you TRY to tell someone off, KNOW UR STUFF!

This response is TLontheDL...its way much easier to change out the oil filter from the bottom, get ur self a crawler and two ramps, both dont cost more then 80 bucks and takes about ten mins to do the whole oil change.

Kruso

Really? I thought the meaning of a car enthusiast was someone who was into cars. Whether it be for the performance parts, the racing/driving part, or the look part of it.

So what if its the tech section? If you can pull a motor in 2 hours then it seems like you're smart enough to troubleshoot on your own.

You honestly think that every single person out there knows their car top to bottom and can diagnose a problem over the internet? You must be smoking some good crap.

Keep walking around and claiming that you know "more" than an ASE master tech Mr Dillusion.

Its an internet forum of everyday people. Not a forum filled with honda technicians who know every honda model inside and out. Yeah, you described your problem in detail, and no one knew what was wrong. Whoop de do, take it to the dealership and have them figure it out, or do it by yourself if you are as smart as you claim you are.

And if you think that what I said was "telling you off," then you should calm down. If i was telling you off, i'd make it a lot more obvious.

haha,

ur one bitter dude todaparty, first of all IT WAS ONLINE that some one told me it was the ECU! So according to you, ALL THOSE GUYS WERE SMOKING THAT "good crap" cuz apparently the problem was described in detail and didnt need for someone to be there while diagnosing it!

second, im not goin around thinking im the SHIZNET for no reason, lmao that was a funny one btw... I'VE GOT THREE YEARS OF EXPERIENCE to back wut im doin up!

Hondas are not my specialty, thats why i dont like messing with them! and if ur think im making any of this stuff up, crap i'll show u wut i've done and wut im CAN do. How bout u get that big stick thats stuck up ur ass outta there!

About the whole enthusiast thing, i give you that one, my bad, but where i come from, its MEANS knowing ur car top to bottom, not just washing it everynow and then. AND this IS the tech section for HONDAS! ur response for that was just plain stupid!

Archived