jdm ecu for the ls worth it?

amateurteg

why rev past 8000rpm? i never even hit redline in my car and i beat most of the people i race, including a rsx-s. its all in the gearing.

back on topic.

huh?

so are you saying if you have an all motor car, there is no need to go over 8000rpms?

um.....

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

who on here has a car with enough modifications, besides bbs, thats even close to being classified as "all-motor"? i honestly can't think of anybody else, but i'm probably missing somebody.

plus, you said "pop in a b18c." not "pop in a highly modified all-motor b18c." :)

don't go ls-vtec unless you know what you're doing, you'll fawk it up. boost the ls. then again, you'll probably fawk that up too.

listen to bbs, he knows what the hell he's talking about.

BigBirdSucks, im not going to half ass it at all, if anything, i would be overcautious and replace parts, i do not like doing stuff half way, and i still dont know if its better to do an ls/vtec or just turbo mine. Im just asking for advice because i dont know as much as you do. I dont know what parts to use, i dont know what the shop is going to do, that is, if i even use intercrew, which i probably wont. But lets just say that an ls/vtec and a turbocharged b18b1 were both built really good. Will the turbo give me more trouble than the ls/vtec, or would it be about the same. I just dont want to have a lot of engine trouble with these mods, because my friends turbo just blew, he has a stock eclipse gst. well, ill find out the parts they use today, and will tell you. But cost wise, will the two different mods cost about the same???

don't depend too much on a gst, especially 2g, to give you an impression about turbo's. a turbo dsm and turbo honda are incredibly different. i'm running 14psi with my mostly stock gst and its been fine, thats twice the psi of what most honda's run on stock internals. you don't have to worry about the turbo blowing, you have to worry about your weak internals giving up.

but enough of my blabbering, i don't know a 1/4 what bbs knows about **/vtec swaps and turbo charged honda's.

Archived