Leaky Sunroof!!

hondadiva

My 1989 Honda Prelude 2.0si's sunroof leaks. The water doesn't drip in if you are driving around and it starts to rain, but if it sits parked while raining for awhile, when you start driving, and put the brakes on buckets of water dump in. Does any one know what that's all about? :crazy:

the drain holes may be clogged. my eclipse did this, only it was buckets of water it was more like a few drops and a small water stain on the moonroof cover. if you take a wire coat hanger and push it into the drain holes it should take care of the problem.

on another note, since its such an old car your seals may have went bad. try replacing those if the drain hole thing doesn't work.

i had the exact same problem, the sunroof doesnt actually seal at all its suposed to leak then drain throgh the 4 drain holes, first find the drain thats not flowing, and i used compressed air and squeezed black gunk out of the end of the hoze in the trunk wall

Archived