ZC DOHC

gonesurfing04

I have a 91 civic and was planing on swaping engines and was looking at this one...ZC DOHC..... and found it for 650 wit tranny and ecu, from the same place my friend got his engine. Well I want to know if there's any major modifications I need to do like change the shift linkage or the axles or anything like that? Or if the engine will just fit right in to the car as it is? Any help would be great. Thanks.

This is the engine

I have a 91 civic and was planing on swaping engines and was looking at this one...ZC DOHC..... and found it for 650 wit tranny and ecu, from the same place my friend got his engine. Well I want to know if there's any major modifications I need to do like change the shift linkage or the axles or anything like that? Or if the engine will just fit right in to the car as it is? Any help would be great. Thanks.

This is the engine

just make sure you get ALL the parts you need to do the swap all at once!

hmotorsonline.com :thumbsup:

There aren't a lot of parts for ZC's. Save up another hundred bucks and get a D16Y8, much much better engine.

there aren't a lot of parts for zc's because 88-89 integra and 88-91 civic/crx parts can be used on them.

here's a good page for information that you should bookmark if you plan to do the zc swap:

http://www.quickhonda.net/zc3.htm

• 2 weeks later...

everyone i know that did the swap said they would have been better off with the d16y8 because you pay sooo much for any sensor that goes wrong. the initial cost may be nice, but in the end you will probobly pay more for the zc and it still wont keep up with the y8.

• 3 months later...

ZC motors are small motors. You can swap out the stock ZC tranny with a tranny off of a D16Z6 if you wanted to. Your stock axles and shift linkage should go with it perfectly. Id buy the SOHC ZC swap instead, its VTEC. I hear the dual cams are strong as hell though, boost goes hand in hand with them.

Archived