Looking @ a '94 Accord-need help

Toby

We are looking at a '94 accord. We go this weekend to look at it. From what we have been told it has been very well maintained. I will drive it for now. Right now I am driving a Ford Super Crew which sucks the gas. My 15yr. old daughter will drive it when she gets her license. My question is: this car has 180,000 miles on it. Is that too many miles to even consider looking at it? We've seen pictures and it looks really good. No rust what so ever. What should I be looking for? Any help would be appreciated.

Accords are good cars. All Honda's are for that matter. That mileage isn't bad at all. You didn't specify too many details as to if it's VTEC or not, what trim level or anything but for the most part give it a tune up, and keep good regular maintenance on it and it'll last you for another 150,000!

If you could put up some more details so we can advise you better!

what kind of people are you buying it from? middle aged people looking to buy a newer car (probably another accord), who seem like they take good care of their cars?

if thats the case then the high mileage isn't really that much of an issue. run a car fax report (don't pay for it, you can find a member on a forum somewhere...maybe here...who will be kind enough to run it for you. check dtmpower.net, those rich bmw guys always have a carfax ready). check all the body panels to see if its been repaired, although this should come up in the carfax report. check the engine for leaks or any signs of abnormal wear. its got 180,000 miles so of course its going to show usage, but its not that big a deal on a honda.

I have a 94 Accord 2.2L Vtech also... I have beat that car as hard as I can... and it it now at 170k miles and still purring. I have a few minor repairs to do, but nothing out of the ordinary for a car with that many miles. I Love that car and it IS a great starter car. Just don't let her see what they CAN look like or you will be up to your eyeballs in pleads for parts! LOL. The only complaint i have with the stock parts on the car are the driveshafts which with the kind of driving/racing I do... I am changing them about every 8 months to a year( not a bad thing if you have lifetime warranty like I do). Best of luck to you. It is a GREAT car. :D:D:D

Archived