turbo question

Slowtegra

Hi, I'm a new user, this might be a dumb question, but im going to ask anyways because i dont want to buy a turbo that is too big.

Would a t70 turbo be too large for an sirII motor? I'm eventually planning on builing the motor so it can handle heavy boost, so i dont want a tiny turbo that ill have to replace when i build the engine up, but i also dont want a turbo that in the meantime doesnt make boost until like 5000 rpms. can somebody help me out?

I thought that it probably was too big, it seems more like a turbo for a single turbo supra, but there are a bunch of t70's on ebay and the person selling them lists them as for civics. so that sparked my curisosity. thanks for letting me know.

this is a link to one of the auctions if anyone cares to see

which would be better, a t3/4 turbo with an exhaust ar of .48 or .63, assuming every other aspect of the turbo is the same besides this

by better i mean which will spool up quicker and which is capable of more horsepower. im pretty sure i already know the answer but would rather here other peoples opinions.

Thanks, Dylan

my opinion is that t3/t4's are old technology and that you'd be better off getting a garrett gt28 or gt30 although the gt30 might be too big. gt28 will have great spool up and is capable of 300whp pretty easily. t3/t4's will get you more power, but the spool up wont be as good as the dual ballbearing gt28.

however, in response to you're question, i believe the .48 will spool faster, .63 will give more top end.

Archived