2020 Honda Pilot Stereo Randomly Disconnects

My moms 2020 Pilot has about 37k miles and we just came up with this problem recently. We’ve experienced the stereo cracking and making noises before when the car was only a few months old but that didn’t bother my mom much. Just recently though the stereo has consistently been disconnecting for some reason. Sometimes it disconnects in the middle of a drive, other times it disconnects when I put it in park after a drive. I’ve looked up other forums and videos, and one of the “solutions” they had was disconnecting the battery for a minute and put it back on. That worked for a bit but then the problem came back.

Anyone have a solution to this? 

This could be related to the MOST cable recall.  Go to the NHTSA.gov site to see if your Pilot is included in the recall and exactly what it is and what the fix entails.  You'll have to enter your VIN to check.

"American Honda Motor Co., Inc. (Honda) is recalling certain 2019-2022 model year Pilot and 2019-2023 model year Passport vehicles. The Media Oriented Systems Transport (MOST) communication coaxial cable was improperly designed and manufactured, resulting in deformed terminals and potentially causing poor, or lost, connections intermittently between the audio display unit and the vehicle cable connector."

Edited by Ottobon100

On 9/3/2023 at 9:31 AM, Ottobon100 said:

This could be related to the MOST cable recall.  Go to the NHTSA.gov site to see if your Pilot is included in the recall and exactly what it is and what the fix entails.  You'll have to enter your VIN to check.

"American Honda Motor Co., Inc. (Honda) is recalling certain 2019-2022 model year Pilot and 2019-2023 model year Passport vehicles. The Media Oriented Systems Transport (MOST) communication coaxial cable was improperly designed and manufactured, resulting in deformed terminals and potentially causing poor, or lost, connections intermittently between the audio display unit and the vehicle cable connector."

Thanks a lot man! I’ll get this to the dealer right away.