We just got a FREE 94 Del Sol Si!!!

g00ber

My aunt gave me and my wife her old 94 Honda Del Sol Si.

I'm still trying to learn how to drive the manual tranny. :D

Its got about 111k miles on it. Its got a 2yr old red Maaco paint job.

We're very excited!!

All you Honda Del Sol owners, is there anything I need to watch out for?

Something that specifically break on these model? Special maintenance?

Any advice or anything a newbie Del Sol owner should know?

Thanks!

g00ber

93-94 del sols, as is true with most first run vehicles, have their share of problems. they were prone to have various mechanical problems, and leakage problems.

Here we go, You asked for it!!!

ROOF LEAKAGE REPAIR

* Front weather seal $156.52

Left side roof seal $84.35

Right side roof seal $77.09

** Left door small window seal $59.86

** Left door small window seal $59.86

Tax $30.00

Labor $220.00

Total $687.68 = NOT CHEAP

* starts at the inside corner of the windshield frame around the top and down the other side.

** small portion of window that remains when glass is rolled down has a rubber strip that covers it. This strip joins the left and right sides of the roof. Where the roof..front windshield frame...and the small door rubber strip MEET eventually leaks. The glass from the window is suppossed to matt flush against the rubber weather seal of the roof at the junction of all those strips i mentioned. After years of dry rot, water will feed down the drain channels in the stripping, and drip at the junction onto your knee. For years I carried a towel behind the seat to throw over my legs :crazy:

BUT HEY, IT'S 11 years old and Ive had no other problems 130,000 miles.

Not one alternator, water/fuel pump replaced, just the timing belt at 75,000 like they toldme to...thats it.

Of coarse you could just go crazy with a couple of tubes of Silicon, but i figure it should last another 11 years now.

• 2 weeks later...

i don't think carta meant to offend you. most of the time when people post threads about new cars that they've got they post a picture or two with it. its common on forums for people to say "this thread is worthless without pics" (most of the time its a bunch of smileys holding signs with those words) and its not meant to be a rude comment.

Goober's asking questions about the vehicles known problems, not for an opinion on how the car looks. Therefore no pic is required. Complaining about no picture isn't informative and doesn't help answer the question which is what this forum is supposed to be about. Grow up or graduate highschool whichever comes first.

:thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

I had a 93, it had 230,000 miles on it by the time I sold it. The only problems I noticed was like all Hondas it rotted pretty easily. It had holes I could put my fist through. :o Keep an eye on the axles! They break pretty easily. And if its a manual 5 speed the clutch fluid will probably leak. Yes the roof will leak too, I remedied that by lubing the seals. other than that it should be OK. Wanna buy a body kit?

Archived