Lowering question

ZX6R

Alright guys, hope you can help me out. Just picked up a 2000 Prelude. Prior to this I had a 93 Integra (which got stolen) and prior to that an 88 Prelude. Yes, I'm a Honda freak, a '76 Civic being my first car many many moons ago. My last prelude and integra were lowered. How? well, I just wrapped eibach springs over stock shocks. The ride quality was AWFUL. Going over a cigarette felt like hitting a mine. After a while everything in the car started to squeak and rattle. Basically this kind of drop ruined the car. In addition, the Integra was on 16" mags with low pro tires. Now that I have the 2000 Prelude, I'd like to lower it again. Only this time I'm going to do it properly. I'm getting a Tein coilover set consisting of springs and adjustable struts. My question is, will the ride quality once again suffer much? Will it be bumpy as hell causing everything in the car to come lose over a period of time? I don't want to wreck the smooth feel of this car but I'd like to drop it down a bit. I see a lot of factory slammed BMW's and Mercedes' and I figure if a car of this caliber is lowered and it's done properly, than the ride can't be that bad. Your input is greatly appreciated :)

shocks go out on every car even if its with stock springs. aftermarket springs just cut the life span of the shocks in half. ive ridden in a car with tien coilovers and its like stock and the car was a acura tl so you know the ride is soft. but that could be diff for preludes.

A full coilover suspenison will ride a hell of alot better than an aftermarket spring mounted on a stock shock.

I would look into a Tein full coilover setup like optional187 said. Pricey but well worth it if your looking for ride quality.

Archived