17 members have voted

1. 1. which is the best type of rotor?

• crossdrilled
    • slotted
    • crossdrilled and slotted
    • oem

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ultimately, drilled and slotted rotors are worthless on stock sized rims. People often have the misidea that drilled or slotted rotors decrease stopping distance. This is incorrect. As the formula for brake torque shows, drilling and slotting rotors does not increase brake torque. Further, most people buy drilled and slotted rotors for street use, thinking they will increase cooling. Ultimately I don't care who you are, you are not going to continually heat up your brakes to the point of needing more surface area, on the street or durring an AutoX.

(StyleTeg-Team Integra.net)

Brembo blanks

That's what I'll be upgrading to.:thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

i voted oem but i have brembo crossdrilled rotors and ceramic pads..

i want my old OEMs back.. they were down to the ends! i barely had brakes..

i got a deal on the brembos.. i was stupid and bought performance when i didnt need it and now the car stops way too wabbly. i dont like it

• 2 weeks later...

I voted OEM but have Brembo slotted on my 95 Accord. I got the slotted cuz I can :-"

With only 8k on rotors, both warped bad. Brake tech was suprised at how bad. Cost me $180 to take off, true them and put back on. Anymore problems and I'll go with Brembo blanks. I do have better braking with the Brembos therefore the staying with Brembos and not going back to OEM.

I am running AEM pads.

• 7 months later...

its very simple really , less heat held in the brakes the better. so mechanically rather than peoples preference , crossdrilled and slotted rotors are the best.

Archived