Turbo chargin my LS

hongchowwong

whoa dude,

people are going to want to know, what engine you have, and you need to make a choice, no such thing as a fast slow car, with a nice cheap turbo, and as far as the PRElude goes, do some math on the motors :)

glad to help

Remember the magic triange of upgrading cars...you can only have two of these:

Reliable

Cheap

Fast

It all depends how deep the pocketbook goes, how fast you want to go and if you want to keep it as a daily driver.

if you want to go turbo, you're best of starting with a kit (ie, drag, greddy, etc), or piecing one together if you have previous knowledge with turbo applications (or know someone who has extensive knowledge of them)

you'll be looking to spend under $3k on a turbo kit. drag is the best for the money, as it comes with basically everything you need. www.dragturbokits.com for info.

then you have to keep in mind that turbo + honda = not really reliable. if this is your daily driver, it's best to stick to NA.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

True....just get a good turbo to start with and save your money until you can get the other pieces..a good turbo is what's gonna help you....just the fact that you have the name TURBO..people expect you to be hella fast..but if you have a eclipse turbo than....:-" just get a good turbo and start slow...you'll be more satisfied :thumbsup:

i say build one. and a turbo honda can be reliable, as long as you keep your practical. meaning alot of tuning, and not too much psi. build a kit. start w/ buying the turbo you want, probably a bigger t3, and build your kit to fit your engine around the turbo... thats what i would do.

• 10 months later...

Im planing on tuboing my 91 ls. i found the kit and everything i want. i am planing on gettin new rods and pistons. i would like to change my valve and springs but that is like an extra 500 dollars that i dont wana spend right now.

IS it neccessary to chang my valve and springs? or should i just change my vavles? How much psi can i safley run on the stock vavles, as a just about everyday driver.

I'm not lookin to go crazy w/ the turbo just good reliable, w/ msd, n a new fuel pump, boost contorl, etc. i am planing on runing like 7 lbs of bost

Archived