Best Choice

pepaxen

Well I have put a JDM B16 swap in my 89 CRX Si and it is great. Also, make sure to use a LSD tranny. I love my LSD, but I am think about an all wheel drive conversion now. The swap was real easy if you have an Si but with an HF I think there is something you have to do with the injectors; I don't really remember. The hardest part is wiring the engine. I bought a crap load of wire and got my volt tester and a pin out and went to work. The engine runs great. So, if moneys a problem go with the B16, if you got the cash go with the B18C5. Thats my advice.

• 2 weeks later...

for something cheap, you can do a B18A1 (90-93 Integra), it's non-vtec so you don't need to worry about running the wiring for vtec. since it's a b-series, though, it's a tight fit into a crx, but it does fit with little modification. you will also need to get a motor mount kit, and you'd be best off getting new shift linkage while you're at it (hasport offers the mount kits and linkage)

or you can go with a d16z6 (92-95 Si - Civic HB/del Sol), which is a vtec motor, so you'll have to run that wiring. it's a single cam motor.

you can usually pick up either of these motors and trannies for a few hundred dollars.

for something cheap, you can do a B18A1 (90-93 Integra), it's non-vtec so you don't need to worry about running the wiring for vtec. since it's a b-series, though, it's a tight fit into a crx, but it does fit with little modification. you will also need to get a motor mount kit, and you'd be best off getting new shift linkage while you're at it (hasport offers the mount kits and linkage)

or you can go with a d16z6 (92-95 Si - Civic HB/del Sol), which is a vtec motor, so you'll have to run that wiring. it's a single cam motor.

you can usually pick up either of these motors and trannies for a few hundred dollars.

Isn't the b16a an integra XSi Motor? I think it is, if so is it is DOHC VTEC. But i could be wrong.

Isn't the b16a an integra XSi Motor? I think it is, if so is it is DOHC VTEC. But i could be wrong.

I think your thinking about the b18b

the 1stb gen b16a s are from the XSi which maybe from the non gsr.

Anyway its for sure the b16a3 sucks and so does i-vtec.

The best motor swap would be the F20c but I don't know if thats possible, it probably is but no ones tried it. The f20b is also badass

I'm faster than a b16a1 that means I would also keep up with you, maybe even better. AFTER all that crap you talked

there is no such thing as a b16a1

make some sense when you post as well, please

I'm faster than a b16a1 that means I would also keep up with you, maybe even better. AFTER all that crap you talked

as stated by ashley...there's no such thing as a b16a1.

when i say he keeps with me i mean he keeps with me better than other honda's i've raced...but i still smoke the hell out of my friend with a g2 integra (b18a1). everyday after school when we're driving home we always speed like hell. when i hear him downshift i just flow it in 5th and let the turbo boost up, usually he's in front of me because i follow him out of school and i'm always on his bumper when he shifts into 4th. after that he usually moves back over (if we're passing someone) and i pass him right on by. if i were to down shift into 3rd i'd kill him.

you probably do have a higher top speed than me though.

there is no such thing as a b16a1

make some sense when you post as well, please

hahaha as in math 1 is under stood so.......

b16a1 is the same as a b16a

in other words the 1st of the b16s

I make perfect sense.

but this hate forum is fracked up

math has absolutely NOTHING to do with engine codes. last time I checked the B16A3 came before the B16A2....thanks though

we constantly keep correcting you and telling you that you're wrong, yet you think you know all. how does being right and technical make us haters?

math has absolutely NOTHING to do with engine codes. last time I checked the B16A3 came before the B16A2....thanks though

we constantly keep correcting you and telling you that you're wrong, yet you think you know all. how does being right and technical make us haters?

^ as he said...

it's good that you know math, but it's not going to help in this case.

i haven't seen a post in this thread that's "hating" on you... we are merely correcting you so you can have more knowledge of these motors.

^ as he said...

it's good that you know math, but it's not going to help in this case.

i haven't seen a post in this thread that's "hating" on you... we are merely correcting you so you can have more knowledge of these motors.

What does an si have in it the new ones? b16a3 right? So ur saying that the b16a2 came after wards? so if there is a difference in b16a2 and b16 sirII what cars did these two "different" engines come from?

the NEW Si has a K20. the '99-'00 Si has a B16A2. the '94-'97 del Sol VTEC has the B16A3.

the B16A SiR came in the '88-'91 JDM Civic SiRs and some JDM G2 integras. the B16A SiR II came in '92+ Civic SiRs(not certain on the years).

I'm not sure why the SiR II has more power. perhaps it's different cams like the G2 integras; the B18A '90-'91 integra had 130 HP, while the '92-'93(non-GS-R) had 140.

the NEW Si has a K20. the '99-'00 Si has a B16A2. the '94-'97 del Sol VTEC has the B16A3.

the B16A SiR came in the '88-'91 JDM Civic SiRs and some JDM G2 integras. the B16A SiR II came in '92+ Civic SiRs(not certain on the years).

I'm not sure why the SiR II has more power. perhaps it's different cams like the G2 integras; the B18A '90-'91 integra had 130 HP, while the '92-'93(non-GS-R) had 140.

?? I thought the k20 was the rsx engine or k20a. ??? I don't think the new si has a 2 litre engine in it

Archived