Questions about civics

RotorMotor

Hi, Im over from the RX7 forums. I drive a Turbo II rx7 making 383 at the rear wheels. I see a lot of civics around town and they are always trying to race me and what not. I was wondering what the big deal is? What is the average power output on these cars after BPU? What about 1/4 times? Im not at all over here flaming, so please dont think that. Im trying to learn a bit about the Honda world. I know that Ive raced several hondas in town, both light to light, and on the freeway, and they posed absolutely no contest. Again, I know that there are fast ones out there, but it seems to me that most of them have a pipe an intake and 18in wheels?

it takes a lot of money and custom work to build up a civic that can beat a turbo rx7. most people dont have the time or the money. a lot of the people that want to race you know that they cant beat you, but they just want to see how good they can do. and if i was going to build up a civic for drag racing, i definitely wouldn't put 18" rims on it.

welcome to the site :)

• 1 month later...

everyone can just buy a turbo car and go around with it w/o any mod..& they're damn fast already...stock 13B engine already have 280hp & for honda's, civic only produce 185hp(B16B) whereas integra 210hp(b18c5).And don't forget bout the s2000 with 250hp stock! and it's a NA engine, a few mods with it & i can it can race with a turbo car already...ohh ya i forgot to mention about the NSX with 280hp stock, drop in a turbo or NOS and i think it can race with your RX-7.... no offence at all ;)

well, the cars you are racing probably don't have so much engine work as they do aesthetic modifications... I personally love the civic because of the options you have in making it a fast car. Don't judge those kids with big wings and loud exhausts as representatives of what civics are capable of, with the proper adjustments a civic can be a pretty fast car... Personally I am going with a B18c-5 and a turbo(many other mods but those are the big ones) and who knows, with it set up right I might be able to beat a 380 hp rx7, but can't say anything till its done right

• 3 months later...

Archived