Sylvania SilverStar

grayghost_03

Anyone have the SilverStars in their Honda? Just curious to see if they actually make a difference. A friend of mine just got some new headlights in his SRT-4 and they are very bright although they have a blueish tint to them. I will find out what type of lights he just installed in his SRT-4 but I don't care for a blue tint. I think the SilverStars have more of a brighter white to them. And if anyone has an idea of how much they run that would help too.

i had them in my civic. they did provide a little more light, but i didn't really notice it. i did notice the brightness though. they're a bright white with a tiny bit of blue tint in them thats not noticable and was probably just my imagination. only complaint i had about them was that for $25 a light bulb they should have lasted longer.

they only lasted a few months before burning out...but i always ran with my brights on during the day, so thats probably why they burned out so quick. the low's still worked fine, and they'll probably last longer than what i got out of them if you run with the low's on during the day. other than that, no real problems.

well i head some cheap ass matrix headlight bulbs and the crap burns out in about 3 or 4 months(the low beams). i dont know if i have water getting in there are what. i just ones that will lst me atleast a year or so. what success do you all have with different types of headlights? and if there is water coming into the headlight assemble, how can i seal it out?

I have Silverstars currently on my car. Not bad, IMO. Better than stock, and better than PIAA Super Whites...which I once had. Overall, not a bad brand of lighting...and I figure would last longer and increase performance than any other aftermarket bulb since it is manufactured by a place that manufactures OEM lighting for car companies.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just got some SilverStars, since my old Xenon $15 craps just went out, and the SilverStars look nice. They light up well, and mine don't have the blue tint, just white. They don't really hurt either, as far as driving behind someone. A pair for mine, a 98 Civic, ran $45 including shipping.

Archived