calling all chefs...

TLontheDL

july 4th is coming up and i plan on bbq'ing. i bought some brats and some beef to make burgers. my question is, how do you all season your beef patties?? i dont know how to do it.. i plan on cooking it over a grill using wood....not with no cheap a*s propane and coal :D

For the burgers, Lawry's Seasoned Salt and Garlic Salt! Put lots of that on there and they'll turn out yummy! Not sure if they sell Santa Maria Style Seasoning there but that is real good too...

Another thing you can do is take some A1 sauce and mix it into the ground beef before you flatten it into patties. Adds some extra flavor.

Brats sound so good right now. A lot of my family is from Wisconsin where they eat a lot of brats.

is lawry's season salt found only in your state? okay so...i can put garlic sauce, a1, and this "lawry's season salt"? should i throw in some chopped onions and maybe some chopped up green peppers?

as for brats, do you know anything about preparing them? i heard you soak it in beer but i dont know how long you keep it in there. any idea??

I thought Lawry's was nation wide... It's in like a orange spice jar with an orange lid

If you like onions and green peppers, go for it. I don't. I guess dice them up small and mix them in.

After you cook the Brats and burgers, put them in a pot with some beer and onions. Bud works fine and let them soak with the lid on. Serve them out of there too.

mmmm, I'm real hungry now...

hey wait, so i should grill the brats THEN soak them in beer and onions?? or should i soak them before i throw it on the grill?? or either or? i think i might buy sausages and weiners and grill those too.

i want to make my patties fairly thin...like the burgers in fast food joints. it'll cook faster and i dont like making them too thick. its just too much meat to eat.. i plan on throwing the brats and the weiners into a hot dog bun so that'll be good.. damn, im already salivating and its 1:56 am! goodness, im too hungry to be sleepin LOL

Yeah, you want to throw them in the beer after and let em soak...

You can split the Brats down the middle and put them on a normal hamburger bun too. Eat em with brown mustard, mayo and dill pickles... :p

Archived